Hello, friends! Today I’m sharing the Quilt Block of the Month November 2023 post. I’ve got the pattern link, tips and tricks, and this month’s video. In addition, keep reading for the 2024 Block of the Month Fabric Requirements along with additional information for next year so that you can be ready to sew along.
Quilt Block of the Month November 2023
November Block Details
This month’s block uses half-square triangles, flying geese units, and a center square in a square unit. The tools I used are found in the list below:
- The half-square triangles are over-sized and trimmed down–so no specialty tools needed for them.
- I used Bloc Loc Flying Geese rulers for the flying geese sections in both blocks–if you are using these tools remember to wait to cut your fabrics and use the directions on the ruler.
- I used the Mini Simple Folded Corners ruler for the center section. Units may be cut according to the pattern directions when using this ruler.
- Also, if you are going to make the setting sashing pieces per today’s video you will use 1 ½″ x WOF strips for the large block sashing strip units and the large + small block setting. You will use 1″ x WOF strips for the small block quilt sashing strip units.
- After piecing your strip sets, cut (17) sets 3 ½″ x 12 ½″ for the large block quilt or the quilt using both sets of blocks. (Remember to adjust the length as needed per your block measurements as I explain in the video).
- Cut (17) sets 2″ x 6 ½″ for the small block quilt. (Remember to adjust the length as needed per your block measurements as I explain in the video).
2023 Sew Along Details
Below you’ll find all of the details for this year’s sew along:
- Get all of the details for this year’s Block of the Month sew along from this post.
- I’m sewing along with our new Favorite Things collection as shown in today’s blocks. But the pattern files will also share a Simply Delightful collection version that will be helpful for reference if you don’t want to use Christmas fabrics.
- Blocks release on the first Monday of each month throughout the year 2023 with finishing instructions shared on Monday, December 11th, 2023.
- Get the January Block pattern here.
- Find the February Block pattern here.
- Get the March block post and pattern here.
- Find the April block post and pattern here.
- And get the May block post and pattern here.
- Find the June block of the month post and pattern here.
- And find the July block post and pattern here.
- See the August 2023 block post and pattern here.
- Find the September 2023 PDF pattern here
- And find the October 2023 Block pattern here.
- Find the November 2023 Block pattern here (or click the button below).
- Find the previous year’s Block of the Month patterns in the shop.
November Quilt Block Video
Watch today’s video above or watch on our YouTube channel. I’ll talk more specifically about the sashing strip sets you can sew now to be ready for setting when the final block releases in December.
Next Month: December Block + Finishing
Next month I’ll share the December block. Additionally, look for the finishing instructions and my finished quilt to appear in the December videos. (I can’t wait for you to see it)!
2024 Block Fabric Requirements
And finally, I’m already getting many questions about the fabric requirements for next year’s Block of the Month. Click on the button below to download a PDF with the fabric requirements.
Thanks so much for stopping by for the Quilt Block of the Month November 2023. Happy quilting!