Hello, friends! Today I’m sharing the Quilt Block of the Month April 2023. This month’s block is a simple (but cute) basket block. You can use just a couple of fabrics or make it as scrappy as you’d like! Keep reading for all of the details and to download this month’s pattern.
Quilt Block of the Month April 2023
April Block and Details
I do love a fun basket block! Hint: there will be another basket block for this quilt later in the year. I used fabrics from Emma and Favorite Things for my large block and fabrics from Favorite Things for my small block. If you have extra half-square triangles and want to make scrappy baskets, this is the perfect place to use them! Download the April block pattern PDF here or click on the button below.
April Block Video
Watch the April Block Video above or go here to watch on our YouTube channel. I do share the pressing and extra thoughts on the video, so be sure to watch if you need extra help or are new to quilting.
2023 Block of the Month Sew Along Details
- Find all of the details on this year’s Block of the Month from this introductory post. You can also get a printable PDF of the fabric requirements from this page.
- I’m sewing along with our new Favorite Things collection as shown in today’s blocks. But the pattern files will also share a Simply Delightful collection version that will be helpful for reference if you don’t want to use Christmas fabrics.
- Simply Delightful pre-cuts are now in the shop here. (And I have one more Fat Quarter Bundle of Simply Delightful here).
- Also, there are some beautiful Simply Delightful Rainbow Bundles here.
- Blocks will be shared on the first Monday of each month throughout the year 2023 with finishing instructions shared on Monday, December 11th, 2023.
- Find the January Block Post here.
- Find the February Block Post and details here.
- See the March Block post and details here.
Next Month’s Block
I will share the May 2023 Quilt Block of the Month pattern on Monday, May 1st.
Thank you, Sherri! This looks like a fun block to make. I am having a good time making these blocks and appreciate you giving these free patterns. It is also fun to see on Facebook the variety of the blocks.
Beryl Stoots says
Such a cute block! I’m looking forward to making it. I love your t-shirt! Where did you get it?
Kim Baker says
Hi Sherri…Thank You For Doing This Year Long Block Patterns…
Basket Blocks are one of my all time Favorite.🥰
I’ll Have to do this With The Churn Dash Border…
Thats My other Favorite Block…🥰
Have a Great Week..
Thanks for the block. It’s so cute! Can’t wait to get started.