Hello, friends! Happy Monday 🙂 Today I’m sharing the A Quilting Life Quilt Block of the Month March 2023. This was a really fun block to make, and I know you’ll enjoy working on it. Remember to watch the video for all of the tips and tricks to make sewing easier.
Quilt Block of the Month March 2023
March Block & Details
This month’s block features a simple square center, half-square triangle corner units, and flying geese units. You can see by looking at both of my blocks that I did something just a little different with the large and small flying geese unit backgrounds. I used just one background fabric in my small block but used the pink contrast in the large block flying geese surrounding the center square.
- I used the Mini Simple Folded Corners Ruler for the half-square triangle units on the large and small blocks.
- I also used the Creative Grids Ultimate Flying Geese Ruler for the Flying Geese on both blocks.
- You can also use the 2″ x 4″ finished Bloc Loc Trim Tool for the large block and the 1″ x 2″ finished Bloc Loc Trim Tool for the small block flying geese.
March Block Video
Watch the video above for all of the details along with helps for sewing and pressing this month’s blocks. You can also watch the video on our YouTube channel here.
2023 Block of the Month Sew Along Details
- Find all of the details on this year’s Block of the Month from this introductory post. You can also get a printable PDF of the fabric requirements from this page.
- I’m sewing along with our new Favorite Things collection as shown in today’s blocks. But the pattern files will also share a Simply Delightful collection version that will be helpful for reference if you don’t want to use Christmas fabrics.
- Simply Delightful pre-cuts are now in the shop here. (And I have one more Fat Quarter Bundle of Simply Delightful here).
- Also, there are some beautiful Simply Delightful Rainbow Bundles here.
- Blocks will be shared on the first Monday of each month throughout the year 2023 with finishing instructions shared on Monday, December 11th.
- Find the January Block Post here.
- Find the February Block Post and details here.
- Go here to download the March pattern PDF or click on the button below.
Next Month’s Block
We are now finished with one-fourth of the blocks–time is going by so quickly. I will be sharing next month’s block on Monday, April 3rd.