Hello, friends! Today is the day I’m sharing the Quilt Block of the Month February 2023 block. I love a good pinwheel block and had a ton of fun making two different versions (one is a 12″ finished block and the other is a 6″ finished block). Keep reading for the block details and the free pattern PDF link.
Quilt Block of the Month February 2023
February Block & Details
This month’s block is fast and fun. You’ll love the simplicity of sewing squares and rectangles with a few easy corner triangles. Find a few tips below:
- Have fun with prints and patterns this month. You can use just a solid background fabric with a pinwheel fabric and corner accents. Or mix and match backgrounds.
- If you make a scrappy pinwheel a solid white background might be fun as well.
- And use the Mini Simple Folded Corners Ruler to make piecing the rectangle pinwheels fast and easy.
February Block Video
Watch this month’s block video above or go here to watch it on our YouTube channel.
2023 Block of the Month Sew Along Details
- Find all of the details on this year’s Block of the Month from this introductory post. You can also get a printable PDF of the fabric requirements from this page.
- I’m sewing along with our new Favorite Things collection as shown in today’s blocks. But the pattern files will also share a Simply Delightful collection version that will be helpful for reference if you don’t want to use Christmas fabrics.
- Simply Delightful pre-cuts are now in the shop here. (And I have one more Fat Quarter Bundle of Simply Delightful here).
- Also, there are some beautiful Simply Delightful Rainbow Bundles here.
- Blocks will be shared on the first Monday of each month throughout the year 2023 with finishing instructions shared on Monday, December 11th.
- Go here to download the February pattern PDF or click on the button below.
Next Month’s Block
I will share the March 2023 block on Monday, March 6th. Can’t wait for you to see it!
Thanks so much for stopping by for the February 2023 Quilt Block of the Month. Happy quilting!