Hello, friends, and happy Friday! Today I’m sharing the Sewcialites 2 Quilt Block 11 which is the beautiful Nurture block by my dear friend, Lissa Alexander. One more block and we’ll be at the half-way point. I’m glad there are still that many left to make because I’m really enjoying this sew along.
Sewcialites 2 Quilt Block 11
Block 11 Details, Tips, and More
This week’s block is a fun mix of square in a square units and rectangles. I used fabrics from our Favorite Things collection for this block. I used a couple of my favorite methods to make this block go together quickly and easily:
- First, I used the Mini Simple Folded Corners ruler to make the five square in a square units.
- And I strip pieced the other four units instead of piecing together small rectangles. It makes for more accuracy and is timesaving, too!
- You can find this week’s pattern here or click on the button below.
Previous Blocks and Posts
I’ve written a similar post to the one today for each of the blocks in this quilt along. Below you’ll find links to my previous posts for this sew along:
- See my block 1 post here.
- Find my block 2 post here.
- See my block 3 post here.
- Find my block 4 post here.
- Read the block 5 post here.
- And find the block 6 post here.
- See the Block 7 post here.
- Find the Block 8 post here.
- Find the Block 9 post here.
- And see the Block 10 post here.
Next Week’s Block
Thanks so much for stopping by for today’s Sewcialites 2 post. I’ll be sharing the Sewcialites 2 Quilt Block 12 next Friday, January 20th.
julie e kaplan says
good morning sherri, and happy friday. i was wondering if i am the only one who cannot find this week’s socialites block #11. thank you for your help, and i hope you enjoy your weekend.
julie kaplan says
hello again sherri……i just found the socialites block #11….my apologies for previous post.