Hello, friends! Today I’m sharing the Sewcialites 2 Quilt Block 6. This week’s block is the Always Star block from Camille Roskelley who is a fellow Moda Fabrics designer. She’s also a friend of mine, so it’s always fun to see her fabrics, quilts, projects, and blocks! Last week there was a break for the Thanksgiving holiday, but we are back to a block each Friday until we take another break in late December for the holidays.
Sewcialites 2 Quilt Block 6
Block 6 Details, Tips, and More
This week’s block is the one at the bottom of my photos. There are simple squares and rectangles along with eight flying geese units. Since I’m making the 3″ finished blocks my flying geese are very tiny! Find all of the details and tips below:
- First, go here to find this week’s free block PDF from Fat Quarter Shop. (Or click the button below).
- If you’re making the 3″ finished block, this Bloc Loc ruler is the one I used.
- You might also want to consider strip piecing the print and background square unit to make that easier to put together.
- All of my fabrics for this week’s blocks are from our Emma fabrics collection. I am really loving working with just the reds and greens in this sew along!
Previous Blocks and Posts
Find my earlier posts and blocks for this sew along at the links below:
- See my block 1 post here.
- Find my block 2 post here.
- See my block 3 post here.
- Find my block 4 post here.
- Read the block 5 post here.
Sewcialites 2 Block 7
Stop by next Friday for the next block in this sew along–block 7! I’m actually working on it today and love it!
Happy quilting, and thanks so much for stopping by!