Hello, friends! It’s Friday, and that means Fat Quarter Shop is sharing the delightful Sewcialites 2 Quilt Block 5 shared by Carrie Nelson. This week’s block is filled with half-square triangles in two different sizes and gives a lot of different options for color and print placement.
Sewcialites 2 Quilt Block 5
Block 5 Tips, Details, Tips and More
This week I once again used red and green prints from our Emma collection for my block. I also tried to create a bit of contrast between the greens and reds in each individual unit. Find more tips below:
- First, have fun making this week’s block as scrappy as you’d like for extra fun.
- I used (8) different prints for my block.
- I made one small half-square triangle in each unit from the same fabric as the large half-square triangle in that unit and the rest from a second coordinating print.
- See my block 1 post here.
- Find my block 2 post here.
- See my block 3 post here.
- Find my block 4 post here.
- And finally, go here to download this week’s free block pattern PDF from Fat Quarter Shop.
Upcoming Sewcialites Blocks
We will be taking a break next week for the American Thanksgiving holiday weekend. But be sure to stop back on Friday, December 2nd for Block 6 in the Sewcialites 2 Sew Along. We’re almost one-fourth of the way through the blocks for this sew-along!