Hello friends, and happy Friday! Today I’m sharing the Sewcialites 2 Quilt Block 8 which is the beautiful Interwoven block designed by Shereece Nicole. You might notice a sneak peek of some new fabrics in today’s block, too.
Sewcialites 2 Quilt Block 8
Block 8 Details, Tips, and More
The Interwoven block is such a fun block. I really enjoyed choosing my fabrics for this block and putting it together. I do have a few hints for sewing since there are lots of pieces. My 3″ block units are very tiny!
- First, the four corner sections go together easily. You can strip piece the red and background units and then add the final background rectangle to save time and for more accuracy.
- I used this Bloc Loc Flying Geese ruler for my four flying geese units (I’m making the 3″ finished blocks).
- The center section is comprised of four smaller units. Thankfully, these are sized up so you can trim them to the exact size you want.
- Go here to download this week’s pattern, or click the button below.
Previous Blocks and Posts
Below find links to the previous posts and blocks in the Sewcialites 2 sew along:
- See my block 1 post here.
- Find my block 2 post here.
- See my block 3 post here.
- Find my block 4 post here.
- Read the block 5 post here.
- And find the block 6 post here.
- See the Block 7 post here.
And finally, Block 9 in the Sewcialites 2 Sew Along releases on Friday, December 30th after a break for Christmas.
Thanks so much for stopping by and Happy quilting!
Susan the Farm Quilter says
What a great block!! Thank you so much! Merry Christmas!!!
Really excited for your new fabric line to be in the stores. The livestream was a lot of fun!.