Hello friends! Today I’m sharing the Sewcialites 2 Quilt Block 1 along with my fabric pull and details about my plans for this sew along. You’ll also find a link to the pattern along with other helpful links to get you started on this fun project.
Sewcialites 2 Quilt Block 1
Today is the first day of the Fat Quarter Shop Sewcialites 2 sew along. Blocks will be shared each Friday with a couple of holiday breaks until this spring when all 28 blocks have been shared. You can choose to sew along and make 3″, 6″, or 9″ finished blocks.
My Fabric Pull and Block Details
Last year I made my blocks using navy and low-volume prints from our Happy Days and a few earlier collections. (See my finished quilt top from last year here). This year I thought it would be fun to make a red and green quilt. I’m making the 3″ finished blocks and plan to use my finished quilt as a table topper or wall hanging. While I was cutting fabrics from my stash, I cut a few extra bundles that you can find here (bundles contain 24 fat eighth prints as shown above).
Block 1 Details, Tips and More
Here are the links and details that will be helpful as you sew this week’s block:
- First, go here to get the fabric requirements and free information for this sew along.
- Then visit the Sewcialites 2 landing page to download this week’s block pattern.
- Next, you might consider the Mini Simple Folded Corners Ruler for the easy corner units in this block (there are several).
- This post on sewing with block of the month projects is also very helpful for a weekly sew-along like Sewcialites 2.
- Finally, get my tips for sewing small quilt blocks here. These are especially helpful if you are sewing along with the 3″ or 6″ blocks but also make sense for the 9″ finished blocks.
- I cut a few extra bundles of the red and green prints I’m using for my quilt. You can find them here. This print is what I’m using for my main background fabric.
Thanks so much for stopping by for today’s Sewcialites 2 Block 1 post. I’ll be back tomorrow with my weekly lifestyle and inspiration post.
Kerry Seiwert says
I went followed the link to the Sewcialites2 page, and while I found the information for the project, I did not find the actual block. Is it up at the blog publishing, or is it later? Thank you!
sherri McConnell says
just updated the link to the free pattern
julie kaplan says
good morning sherri. hope you and your family are doing well.
is the sewcialites 2 block 1 posted yet? i cannot find it…i keep getting redirected to your etsy shop.
thank you sew much, and happy quilting.
sherri McConnell says
just updated the link
Joan Linthicum says
I could not find the bundle for the Socialites 1. Where is it?
You need to put together this green and red bundle for sale I would buy it. Perfect colors for Christmas…Just a thought.
Rebecca Stevens says
Have the green and red bundles sold out already? Can’t find on Etsy page. Thanks. Lovely block
Rhonda C says
I really appreciate the details and steps for the Sewcialites 2 sew-along. This is my first sew-along and I was feeling a bit overwhelmed and unsure where to start until I read your blog post.
Barbara Delarwelle says
Hi Sherri, I really like your red and green version.
Melissa Wriglesworth says
I like to sew block of the month quilts but sewcialites is a little to much for me to keep up with. They are beautiful quilts. I will be following you and will enjoy the red and green. Thank you for your blog.