Hello friends! Today I’m sharing the Sewcialites 2 Quilt Block 1 along with my fabric pull and details about my plans for this sew along. You’ll also find a link to the pattern along with other helpful links to get you started on this fun project.
Sewcialites 2 Quilt Block 1
Today is the first day of the Fat Quarter Shop Sewcialites 2 sew along. Blocks will be shared each Friday with a couple of holiday breaks until this spring when all 28 blocks have been shared. You can choose to sew along and make 3″, 6″, or 9″ finished blocks.
My Fabric Pull and Block Details
Last year I made my blocks using navy and low-volume prints from our Happy Days and a few earlier collections. (See my finished quilt top from last year here). This year I thought it would be fun to make a red and green quilt. I’m making the 3″ finished blocks and plan to use my finished quilt as a table topper or wall hanging. While I was cutting fabrics from my stash, I cut a few extra bundles that you can find here (bundles contain 24 fat eighth prints as shown above).
Block 1 Details, Tips and More
Here are the links and details that will be helpful as you sew this week’s block:
- First, go here to get the fabric requirements and free information for this sew along.
- Then visit the Sewcialites 2 landing page to download this week’s block pattern.
- Next, you might consider the Mini Simple Folded Corners Ruler for the easy corner units in this block (there are several).
- This post on sewing with block of the month projects is also very helpful for a weekly sew-along like Sewcialites 2.
- Finally, get my tips for sewing small quilt blocks here. These are especially helpful if you are sewing along with the 3″ or 6″ blocks but also make sense for the 9″ finished blocks.
- I cut a few extra bundles of the red and green prints I’m using for my quilt. You can find them here. This print is what I’m using for my main background fabric.
Thanks so much for stopping by for today’s Sewcialites 2 Block 1 post. I’ll be back tomorrow with my weekly lifestyle and inspiration post.