Hello, friends. Today I’m sharing our Home for the Holidays Sampler Block 2! This week’s block is a lot of half-square triangles. This block looks labor intensive, but it really does go together quickly. And I’ve got some helps and ideas for you in today’s video as well.
Home for the Holidays Sampler Block 2
Home for the Holidays Sampler Block 2 Tips
First, go here to download this week’s pattern, or click on the button below.
- Be sure to watch the video for ideas on making the half-square triangles.
- I used different backgrounds for my half-square triangles, but you’ll notice that Chelsi used just one background–either is fine!
- You may want to consider using triangle paper and making 9 each from 9 different fabrics. This triangle paper is sized perfectly for the block.
- If you are making half-square triangles, you may want to size up and trim down to size using this method.
Home for the Holidays Sew Along Links
Here are all of the links you’ll need if you’re just following along or are new to the sew along:
- Find details on the sew along and get the PDF Fabric Requirements page here.
- Find the Block 1 post, video, and PDF pattern here.
- If you’re interested in creating a version like mine, you can find Fat Quarter bundles, a few finishing kits, and all of the yardage from the Emma collection in my shop here.
- Chelsi also has a few kits available to make a Christmas version like hers here.
- If you still need the Home for the Holidays book, I have some in my shop here.
- And you can also find our Home for the Holidays book on Amazon.
Block 2 Video
Watch the Block 2 video above or go here to watch it on our YouTube channel. You’ll get extra tips along with details on the block construction and pressing directions.
Thanks so much for stopping by for our Home for the Holidays Sampler Sew Along. We’re happy you’ve joined us for this fun project!