Hello, friends! Today I’m sharing all things Log Cabin Quilt Blocks. The Log Cabin block is definitely one of my favorite blocks. I love them in all sizes and variations, and I love to use them for all kinds of projects, too. Today I’m sharing my favorite quilts and small projects made with this block. I’m also sharing links to different tutorials that will help you make the most of your log cabin sewing.
Log Cabin Quilt Block Love
Log Cabin Quilt Block Tutorials
Over the past few years, I’ve shared several Log Cabin tutorials that will help you get started with sewing these delightful blocks. Several of these posts have videos to walk you through making these blocks step-by-step:
- Learn How to Make an Easy Log Cabin Block here.
- And get details on How to Make a Scrappy Log Cabin here.
- Learn to make Mini Log Cabin Blocks here (with video).
- Get instructions for making Log Cabin blocks with the Log Cabin Trim Tool here (with video).
Favorite Log Cabin Quilt Patterns
I have lots of favorite Log Cabin quilt patterns you can see below. Some are mine, and a few are my daughter Chelsi’s designs:
- Hearts at Home Log Cabin Quilt Pattern (a Jelly Roll quilt)
- Hearts at Home 2 Log Cabin Quilt Pattern (a Honeybun quilt)
- Horizon Log Cabin Quilt (uses Jelly Roll + Honeybun strips)
- Laguna Log Cabin Quilt found in my Labor of Love Quilt Book
- Scrappy Log Cabins (with PDF cutting chart here)
- Beach House Row Quilt (features a row of log cabins with other favorite blocks)
Favorite Log Cabin Small Projects
I also love making small projects using Log Cabin blocks. Here are a couple of my favorites:
- Make the Log Cabin Pillow pictured above using the pattern in my Home & Hearth book.
- Learn to make a Log Cabin Pot Holder from this post.
One of the reasons I wrote this post today is that I have some more fun Log Cabin things to share soon. So, I thought it would be nice to have this reference post to be able to refer to in the near future. Can’t wait to share more!