Hello, friends! Today I’m sharing Moda Blockheads 4 Block 14. There are actually two different blocks to choose from today. I decided to make the alternate version, . Jan Patek designed an adorable applique’ block for the sew along this week, too. I’m thinking of making her block soon and using it for my quilt label. Keep reading for tips and tricks for this week’s block along with details on some fun fabric bundles in the shop.
Moda Blockheads 4 Block 14
This week Jan Patek has a delightful applique’ block called Bird on a Branch. You can find her block here. It’s a darling block, and I plan to make it soon to use for my quilt label as I mentioned above. But we also have an alternate pieced block this week. I’ve got the PDF pattern link for that one below the photo.
Block 14 Alternate Tips and Tricks
The Block 14 alternate is called Sharply Dressed and is a cute Bow Tie block. Get the pattern and all of the details below:
- First, go here to download the Block 14 pieced alternate, Sharply Dressed. (Or click the button below).
- I used the Mini Simple Folded Corners Ruler for my block. It made the easy corner triangles go together quickly.
- You’ll also note that there are a few different coloring and layout options for this block. I used one layout for my 12″ block and a different one for my 4.5″ finished block.
- I also suggest using a low-volume print for the background for this block to add just a bit of interest.
Moda Blockheads 4 Sew Along Information
- Read the Moda Blockheads 4 Introductory post here.
- Get the Moda Blockheads 4 Basic Methods Resources Sheet PDF here.
- Join the Moda Blockheads Facebook group. In the group you can share your blocks and get inspired by the other Blockheads participants.
- And find all of my previous Moda Blockheads 4 posts here.
I’ve recently added some fun fabric bundles and scrap bundles to my shop. These bundles are perfect for adding to your collection of Sherri & Chelsi fabrics. Find the fabric and scrap bundles here.