Hello, friends! Today I’m sharing the Home for the Holidays Sampler Block 3 which is the Peppermint Twist block from our Home for the Holidays book. This block comes from one of Chelsi’s quilts, and so she is presenting our video today. Keep reading for details and to download your pattern PDF.
Home for the Holidays Sampler Block 3
Home for the Holidays Sampler Block 3 Tips
First, go here, or click the button below to get this week’s PD pattern file for the Peppermint Twist block.
- You’ll make 2 cross blocks and 2 twist blocks for this week’s block.
- While Chelsi used identical fabrics for both of her matching units–feel free to make your block as scrappy as you’d like.
- I didn’t include this block in my quilt–remember, there will be a couple of bonus options coming soon. One of the bonus blocks we both used was a scrappy log cabin block. You can find a free PDF for the scrappy log cabin block on this post if you want to get ahead and know you’d like a log cabin block in your quilt.
Home for the Holidays Sew Along Links
- Get details on the sew along and get the PDF Fabric Requirements page here.
- Find the Block 1 post, video, and PDF pattern here.
- Find the Block 2 post, video, and PDF pattern here.
- If you’re interested in creating a version like mine, you can find Fat Quarter bundles and all of the yardage from the Emma collection in my shop here.
- I also have some red and green Emma bundles still available here.
- If you still need the Home for the Holidays book, I have some in my shop here.
- And you can also find our Home for the Holidays book on Amazon.
Block 3 Video
Watch this week’s Sampler Block video above or go here to watch it on our YouTube channel. In the video you’ll be able to see the block back for pressing information and hear from Chelsi about this block.
Next Week’s Block
Thanks so much for stopping by today for the Home for the Holidays Sampler Sew Along. Be sure to stop by next week on Wednesday for our fourth block in the sew along.
Carol Hartman says
Is the red and green bundles enough for the Chelsie’s quilt?
sherri McConnell says
You would need some extra–email me if you’d like me to make you a kit for her version 🙂
Julia Kolb says
Love this pattern both ways. I have the book and want to start my quilt. Have received my Emma fabric but I like to print out the PDF to go along with the book instructions. My problem is that (other than block 1) while the preview on my printer shows your names and the name of the sampler when I print it out all the printing is blank. only the blocks print. Can you help? I will check out my printer. I just replaced the ink so I know that is not the problem. Oh well. I still have everything downloaded so it will not stop me. Love your patterns and the podcasts. I am going to try your planner for 2023. It seems to be better suited for my needs than the one I am currently using.
sherri McConnell says
Hmmm, I’m not sure what the issue is. I haven’t heard of anyone else having a printing problem with the PDFs
Judy R says
I’m not doing the sampler with Christmas colors and wanted to see what colors Sherri used in her block for Block 3.
Julia Kolb says
JUST AN UPDATE ON MY PRINTING PROBLEMS. I have spent way too much time and frustration on this. Of course it is best to go back to the beginning so I did. As I said I had recently (like the day before) changed the ink cartridges well… I did not remove the cover strip on the black ink cartridge. Yup! all that work and frustration for one little mistake. A senior moment as my daughters would tell me. Now back to quilting! Thanks for letting me vent. Sorry about that.