Hello, friends! Today I’m happy to be sharing my brand-new Summer Sky 2 Fat Quarter Quilt. This delightful design features 16 blocks pieced in two-color or coordinated combinations. I used our beautiful new Bountiful Blooms fabrics to sew this. Those fabrics are showing to shop owners now and will be in stores in September 2023.
Summer Sky 2 Quilt
First, I have to let you know I am so excited to share this design in these fabrics! The Summer Sky 2 quilt finishes at 79 ½″ x 79 ½″ and uses the following materials:
- 1 FQ Bundle for Blocks (containing at least 30 pieces)
- Low Volume Print for Sashing: ¾ yard
- Background & Inner Border: 3 ⅜ yards
- Outer Border: 1 ⅛ yards
- Binding & Cornerstones: ¾ yard
- Backing: 7 ⅜ yards
I used triangle paper for the half-square triangles and still had plenty of fabric. Additionally, I was able to piece my backing using just 4 ⅞ yards. (Sewing two widths of Moda 44″ fabric will yield just at 88″ giving plenty of room for my quilter).
Summer Sky 2 Video
Watch the full video on this quilt above or go here to watch it on our YouTube channel. In the video you’ll get a chance to see the quilt up close and hear more details. You’ll also see how I used this block for a fun pillow!
More with Bountiful Blooms Fabrics and Patterns
Find more about our Bountiful Blooms fabrics and patterns from my recent posts below:
- Bountiful Blooms Fabric Introduction
- Happy Spools Quilt + Mini Pattern in Bountiful Blooms
- More quilt pattern posts and videos will be coming soon!
- Purchase the Summer Sky 2 Quilt pattern in paper or PDF here. (Or click on the button below).
Thanks so much for stopping by for the Summer Sky 2 Fat Quarter Quilt post. And happy quilting!
Leave a Reply