Hello, friends! Today I’m sharing the A Quilting Life Favorites November 2023 edition. This has been a whirlwind of a month for sure–it seemed like it took a bit to recover from Quilt Market, and now the end of the month is being spent catching up after the Thanksgiving holiday.
A Quilting Life Favorites November 2023
Most Read Posts
Here is a list of the most read posts from earlier this month. It was no surprise to me that the gift ideas post came out on top!
- Simple Gift Ideas for Quilters
- A Quilting Life Block of the Month November 2023
- Saturday Seven
- Moda Blockheads 5
- Houston Quilt Market Part 1
Made in November
I’ve been in full gift-making mode this month. I’ve finished a few things and have lots in progress! Above from left to right:
- My English Paper Pieced Hexagon Project–it’s all in one piece now, and I’m trying to make the decision of whether or not to keep adding rows! (Find more details about this project on the November Works in Progress video).
- The Christmas Mini Wall Hanging (a free pattern here from Fat Quarter Shop).
- A case for my Kindle Paperwhite and a coordinating case for my Air Pods. I used this pattern and made the smallest size for the Air Pods but did some alterations and strip-piecing for my Kindle case). I’m also going to be making more of these bags for gifts during the early part of December.
Five Things I’m Loving Right Now
Here are a few things I’m really loving right now!
- I was grateful for the opportunity to take a Thanksgiving week mini vacation up to colder weather and view some beautiful Christmas decorations. It was also nice to come home to some cooler weather.
- I’ve been reading some good things this month, but my two favorites were Hidden Potential and Calm Christmas. (See more of my favorite 2023 reads on this post).
- My favorite Body Butter in the world–yes, I love it that much. It’s perfect and has a beautiful light scent.
- Decorating for Christmas! Yes, it’s a lot of work, but I’ve been doing just a little each day which has made it very doable. Download my Christmas Decor’ Storage PDF printable if you didn’t get it over the weekend.
- This Smoothie! I shared the recipe on my Saturday Seven a couple of months ago and have been making it ever since. It makes enough for two people, so half everything if you just want one serving. (Also, you can substitute any frozen fruit for the frozen peaches–I’ve used Strawberries and Mangos. And I just use plain Greek yogurt instead of the peach yogurt and there is plenty of flavor)!
December PDF Calendar (Free)
Click on the button below to download your free December 2023 PDF calendar. You can find our podcast and video release dates on the calendar. And it also has a space at the bottom for you monthly to-do’s and room on the calendar for penciling things in!
Thanks so much for stopping by for the A Quilting Life Favorites November 2023 post. You can find all of the previous posts in this series here.