Hello, friends! Today I’m sharing a delightful Christmas Tree Mug Rug + Pillow pattern perfect for making now for yourself or for gifting. These fun designs go together quickly and are perfect for your favorite Christmas fabrics or red and green scraps from your stash.
Christmas Tree Mug Rug + Pillow
A few years ago, I made a scrappy Christmas Tree Pillow that I continue to use each year. I recently thought the design would also be perfect for a fun mug rug and so did a little math and started sewing with my Emma collection red and green prints to create the fun mug rug.
Mug Rug + Pillow Details
Here are details for both projects:
- The pillow finishes at 16″ x 16″. You could easily add another border to make it 18″ x 18″ if you are looking for something larger.
- Additionally, you could leave the patchwork border off of the pillow if you are wanting a smaller pillow.
- Directions on the PDF are for an envelope-style back (tutorial + video for that here).
- It would also be easy to finish the pillow with a simple zipper back. Find my tutorial with PDF download measurements + video for that here.
- The mug rug finishes at 11″ x 7″.
- Find the PDF pattern here that contains directions for both the pillow and the mug rug.
Mug Rug + Pillow Video
Watch the Mug Rug + Pillow video above or go here to watch it on our YouTube channel. I share both projects up close in the video and also share some other ideas and options.
More Small Project Ideas for Christmas
If you’re looking for more small project ideas for Christmas, you might enjoy some of these posts:
- First, find my small projects archives here.
- Next, you’ll find lots of quick ideas for small Christmas projects and gifts here.
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I love your blog, tutorials and podcasts! I have one comment though – since you updated your website, I’m inundated with ads whenever I visit your site. It’s tak3en some of the enjoyment out of reading the blog. Otherwise, I enjoy everything you post!
Kat Walker says
I am curious to know why you thought the old style blog needed updating? I had followed your blog for about 3 years and Looked forward to seeing what was new!
Now, it seems it is “work” to just get to read about the wonderful sewing projects you have going! I know change is supposed to be good but some things are great without any changes! Just Wondering! Please keep doing your wonderful projects and I will try to adjust!
sherri McConnell says
Thanks so much for reaching out. There are changes that had to be made because my old format wasn’t compatible with some of the newer technologies. Additionally, we always have to think about search engine optimization. Would love to hear any layout suggestions you might have as we are still making small changes here and there 🙂