Hello, friends! Today I’m sharing a delightful Christmas Tree Mug Rug + Pillow pattern perfect for making now for yourself or for gifting. These fun designs go together quickly and are perfect for your favorite Christmas fabrics or red and green scraps from your stash.
Christmas Tree Mug Rug + Pillow
A few years ago, I made a scrappy Christmas Tree Pillow that I continue to use each year. I recently thought the design would also be perfect for a fun mug rug and so did a little math and started sewing with my Emma collection red and green prints to create the fun mug rug.
Mug Rug + Pillow Details
Here are details for both projects:
- The pillow finishes at 16″ x 16″. You could easily add another border to make it 18″ x 18″ if you are looking for something larger.
- Additionally, you could leave the patchwork border off of the pillow if you are wanting a smaller pillow.
- Directions on the PDF are for an envelope-style back (tutorial + video for that here).
- It would also be easy to finish the pillow with a simple zipper back. Find my tutorial with PDF download measurements + video for that here.
- The mug rug finishes at 11″ x 7″.
- Find the PDF pattern here that contains directions for both the pillow and the mug rug.
Mug Rug + Pillow Video
Watch the Mug Rug + Pillow video above or go here to watch it on our YouTube channel. I share both projects up close in the video and also share some other ideas and options.
More Small Project Ideas for Christmas
If you’re looking for more small project ideas for Christmas, you might enjoy some of these posts:
- First, find my small projects archives here.
- Next, you’ll find lots of quick ideas for small Christmas projects and gifts here.
Thanks so much for stopping by today!