Hello and happy Block Heads Wednesday. Today I’m sharing Moda Block Heads 2 Block 41 which I was able to sew last week. I actually have the next three finished up as well and can’t wait to make my final blocks and start setting this quilt together!
I used just four different fabrics for this week’s block…the bright blue print from Desert Bloom, the dots on navy from Clover Hollow, the taupe print from Walkabout, and our tone on tone floral also from Walkabout.
This week’s block is fast and fun and is made up of squares and rectangles–so the cutting is fast and easy.
Tips for Moda Block Heads 2 Block 41
- Make the half-square triangles over-sized and trim down to size using this method.
- Use the Simple Folded Corners Ruler to make the easy corner rectangle units. It’s so accurate and is a real time-saver!
- This would also be a block that would be easy to make very scrappy! Use bits and pieces left over from previous blocks for this week’s block!
Moda Block Heads 2 Block 41 Links
- Go here to download the PDF for the “Bella Spinners” block by Me & My Sister Designs
- Visit the Moda Block Heads 2 landing page here (you can find links to all of the earlier blocks on this page).
- Go here to visit the Moda Block Heads Facebook page.
- See all of my previous Moda Block Heads 2 block posts here.
And Go Here to Find the Other Moda Block Heads 2 Designers
- Lynne Hagmeir of Kansas Troubles
- Barbara Groves of Me & My Sister Designs
- Carrie Nelson of Moda Fabrics
- Brigitte Heitland of Zen Chich
- Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique
- Betsy Chutchian
- Stacey Iest Hsu
- Jan Patek
- Laurie Simpson of Minick & Simpson
- Jo Morton
- Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life (you are here)
- Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings
- Corey Yoder of Coriander Quilts
I hope you enjoy this week’s Moda Block Heads 2 block–block 41. I have absolutely loved the more complex blocks, but it is fun to have weeks with these more simple ones, too. Next week’s block will be another terrific one by Carrie Nelson!
Now I’m off to work on this week’s Sew Your Stash post…you can find the previous posts in this series here. Happy quilting, and thanks so much for stopping by!