Hello friends, and happy Thursday! I’ve been doing a little fall decorating here at home and just finished a couple of fun pillows to add to my décor. Today I’m sharing my Fall Pillow Pattern with Pumpkin, Leaves, & Star along with a scrappy patchwork pillow I made as a companion for the pumpkin pillow. I used fabrics from our Summer Sweet fabric collection for both pillows and love how they turned out.
Fall Pillow Pattern with Pumpkin, Leaves, & Star
I’ve been planning on making this Fall Pillow Pattern for a little while now. I actually made a fun pumpkin quilt for a calendar publication that I’ll be sharing soon and used some of my scraps to make this little pillow. And, after making it I decided it needed a companion pillow, and then followed it up with the patchwork pillow sitting behind it.
Scrappy Patchwork Pillow Directions
My Scrappy Patchwork Pillow finishes at 14″ x 20″ and is super simple to put together. First, I simply laid out all my fabric squares as shown below and sewed them together, adding the left and right borders and the top and bottom borders.
Then, I did straight line quilting about ½″ apart and finished with a zipper pillow back using this tutorial. Here is a breakdown of the fabrics I used:
- (5) squares 2 ½″ x 2 ½″ Orange #1
- (5) squares 2 ½″ x 2 ½″ Orange #2
- (6) squares 2 ½″ x 2 ½″ Orange #3
- (5) squares 2 ½″ x 2 ½″ Green #1
- (5) squares 2 ½″ x 2 ½″ Green #2
- (6) squares 2 ½″ x 2 ½″ Green #3
- (5) squares 2 ½″ x 2 ½″ Grey #1
- (5) squares 2 ½″ x 2 ½″ Grey #2
- (6) squares 2 ½″ x 2 ½″ Grey #3
- (2) rectangles 2 ½″ x 12 ½″ Border Left & Right
- (2) rectangles 1 ½″ x 20 ½″ Border Top & Bottom
- 18″ x 24″ batting and muslin if you’re quilting the pillow top
- Fabric for pillow back
- (2) strips 2 ¼″ x WOF for binding
- 14″ x 20″ Pillow Form
Pumpkin Patch Mini
I finished my Pumpkin Patch Mini as a pillow, but it would also make a really fun mini quilt! I decided to write it up as a mini pattern and have it available in PDF format only here. If you make one and decide to finish it as a pillow, you can find a 12″ x 16″ pillow form here.
More Fall Projects…
Finally, I’ll be back tomorrow with more fall project ideas for you along with a video trunk show of my favorite fall quilts and décor!
Happy quilting, and thanks so much for stopping by!