Hello friends, and happy Wednesday! Today I’m sharing Moda Block Heads 3 Block 37 which is now one of my favorite blocks. It was love at first sight for me with this block, and I’m excited to share a few things about it with you today.
Moda Block Heads 3 Block 37
This week’s block is called “Fixer Upper” and is designed by the lovely Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique. On her pattern page she writes about her own fixer upper home–and it is indeed beautiful. I was lucky enough to get a little tour one afternoon while I was in the neighborhood, and Vanessa has done a beautiful job with remodeling and home décor projects!
Block 37 Tips & Tricks
Once again, the Mini Simple Folded Corners Ruler was my tool of choice for putting this week’s block together. I used it on all 12 of the outer units. It saves a ton of time and helps increase accuracy.
This week’s block also lends itself to many different options for fabric choice and placement. I used a low-volume print for the center square with a medium blue print to set it off. Then I added a scrappy feel to the block by using a variety of different color prints for the outer units. Those outer units could easily be pieced from a single fabric, though, if that is the look you are going for.
Block 37 Links
- Go here or click the button below for this week’s pattern PDF from Vanessa Goertzen’s blog (remember patterns may not be available until 8 a.m. CST).
- Find the Moda Block Heads Resource page here.
- Join the Moda Block Heads Facebook group here.
- And find all of my previous Moda Block Heads 3 posts here with tips, tricks, and more.
Moda Block Heads 3 Designers
- Corey Yoder of Coriander Quilts
- Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life (you’re here!)
- Betsy Chutchian
- Jan Patek of Jan Patek Quilts
- Brigitte Heitland of Zen Chic
- Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings
- Lissa Alexander
- Laurie Simpson of Minick & Simpson
- Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique
- Stacey Iest Hsu
- Robin Pickens
- Janet Clare
- Jen Kingwell
- Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree & Company
Notes for This Week
- Today is the final day to sign up for the online Family Tree Pillow class with Martingale U and be guaranteed kit availability. Find out more details here.
- Balboa fabrics are in Dallas and beginning to ship. As soon as mine arrive, then I’ll begin shipping pre-orders.
- And finally, the Labor of Love Sampler Quilt Along begins one week from today. Get more details on that here.
Thanks so much for reading the Moda Block Heads 3 Block 37 post. Happy quilting, and thanks so much for stopping by!