Hello and happy Tuesday! Today is our Minis and More parade day where we are sharing Christmas in July projects and ideas! We decided that since summer is often so busy that a free-choice Christmas project might be just the ticket for this month’s parade! We have had a couple of fantastic entries, and I have even more links with fun ideas to share with you today!
I finished up a Christmas in July project that I can share with you today as well! When I was piecing my red, cream and blue pillow shams to use this summer I went ahead and made Christmas ones as well! So glad I have these ready to use for Christmas this year. I might have to make more so I have some for every bed in the house! You can find the tutorial to make these shams here. And find the Christmas Figs fabric I used here.
Brenda made this gorgeous pillow to match the Winterville quilt she is making. I love her idea of making a snowflake pillow! Her quilt center is on the chair as well. She just needs to make her house blocks to put around the outer edges of the quilt. Brenda actually has been working on her Winterville project for a little while now. I read earlier on her blog how she made a very organized plan to piece all of the different sections of this quilt! Such a terrific idea for tackling a big project!
You have to visit Michele’s blog today to see Hildy’s incredible Christmas in July project! I am thinking I have to make one as well! Find Hily’s quilt here on Michele’s blog!
This is the Winterville house block. It will be fun to see Brenda’s quilt after she has her houses around her quilt center! Such a fun idea! Remember there is a Winterville Quilt Along and contest going on now with Fat Quarter Shop. Find all of the details about the quilt along/contest here. And purchase the Winterville Quilt pattern here.
My next idea for you is to quilt along with my Christmas in July series each Friday for the rest of July. Last week I shared the instructions to make these Christmas star blocks. This Friday I’ll post the finishing instructions to make them into a fun table runner! Find the Christmas Table Runner tutorial part 1 here. Today must have been the day to post Christmas in July ideas because I woke up this morning to find several posts on this same topic:
Christmas in July Projects Posts
- Moda Fabrics posted today with some fun Christmas in July ideas. Find their “Because it’s July…” post here!
- A couple of years ago I wrote a post called “15 Things to Make for Christmas.” Find my Christmas ideas post here.
- Today’s post from We All Sew is also full of fun Christmas in July projects and inspiration. Find the post here.
- Quilted pillows are probably my favorite thing to make for Christmas décor and giving (other than quilts). Find my Quilted Christmas Pillows post here (with links to patterns and tutorials).
I hope you’ve enjoyed our little Christmas in July Projects post! Summer really is my favorite time to start thinking of all things Christmas! And now…just a few details on next month’s parade! We want to get back on schedule with posting at the beginning of the month, so next month’s project is free and simple and fast! And…you have a few different choices!
August Minis and More Parade Details
- Make just one (or make all three) of the Barn Charm Mini Quilts pattern tutorial from the Moda Bake Shop here.
- Use fabrics of your choice (one charm pack will make all three quilts).
- Mini quilts finish at 14″ or 14 ½″ square.
- To be included in our parade next month, send a photo to me by August 1st if your first name begins with A-K, and send your photo to Michele if your first name begins with L-Z.
- We would love to have you join us! It’s always so much fun to see everyone’s fabric choices!
Happy quilting! Have a terrific day, and thanks so much for stopping by!