Hello, friends! Thanks so much for stopping by for the Quilt Block of the Month February 2024 block post. I’ve been so grateful for all of the positive response to this year’s block format and the sew along! Keep reading for all of the details for this month’s block along with some extra information on my setting.
Quilt Block of the Month February 2024
February Block Details
The February block contains an antique basket block in the center. You’ll have lots of options for playing with colors for these fun blocks. And this week’s block is very easy: you’ll make just two flying geese units for the basket units along with two half-square triangles. The other pieces are squares! Please note that the directions for the outer star points are included on the January pattern. Download the February block here or click on the button below.
2024 Quilt Block of the Month Sew Along Details
- Find the informational post about this year’s BOM program here (fabric requirements can also be found on this post).
- This year’s blocks will feature both 16″ and 8″ finished sizes of blocks.
- There will be a setting for each size quilt provided in early December 2024.
- This year block patterns and videos will be available on the first Monday of each month here on the blog. I will also post a video that day on our YouTube channel where I’ll go into more detail about the month’s block and share tutorials.
- I will be making my quilt using our Strawberry Lemonade collection which will be available in stores in early 2024 (pictured throughout this post).
- I’m sewing along with the tone on tone from Strawberry Lemonade. Moda Bella 9900-200 is also a great background option if you are using this fabric collection.
- Find more solids that coordinate with Strawberry Lemonade on this post.
- Find the January post with the January pattern link here. (Subscribed members should have already received the download link via email this morning).
February Block Video
Watch this month’s block video above or go here to watch on our YouTube channel. In the video you’ll see the blocks up close and also get a look at the back of the block to see how I pressed it.
Setting Fabric Details
Strawberry Lemonade fabric is available now, and so many of you have reached out with questions about the finishing fabrics I’m going to use. The fabrics below are what I’m thinking about using. I could change my mind, but this is the direction I’m looking at now:
Our Next Block
Come back on Monday, March 4th for the next block in this sew along!