Hello, friends, and happy Moda Blockheads 5 Group 2 Block 2 day! Today I’m sharing my two blocks made from this week’s pattern shared by Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings. This week’s block is a style I love…be sure to keep reading to see my quilt from 2023 using this block design.
Moda Blockheads 5 Group 2 Block 2
Group 2 Block 2 Details
This week’s block is made up of lots of half-square triangles. And since so many of the half-square triangles are made using identical HST combinations, this is a good block to use triangle paper for construction–it saves so much time! Below you’ll also find a few of my hints for the block construction:
- I pressed the seams open in all of my half-square triangle units to make my block more flat especially where a lot of seams intersect.
- I also pressed the rows in each smaller block in alternating directions so that all of my seams would nest.
- My fabrics are from our Strawberry Lemonade collection which will be in stores any day!
- Use the aqua button below to download this week’s pattern after 8 a.m. CST (scroll down to just above the black and white image of this week’s block for the download link).
Moda Blockheads 5 Sew Along Resources
- Visit the Moda Blockheads 5 Resources page here.
- Find the Moda Blockheads Facebook Group here.
- And find all of my previous posts for this quilt along here.
If you love this week’s block…
If you love this week’s block, you might want to make my quilt. It was on the cover of American Patchwork & Quilting in the February 2023 issue. And you can find the stand- alone fat eighth friendly pattern by clicking on the button below. (Note it was titled “Rainbow Prisms” in the magazine).
Next Week’s Block
Be sure to stop by on Wednesday, January 17th for the next block in the Moda Blockheads 2 Group 2 Sew Along. Happy quilting!