Hello, friends, and happy Wednesday! Today I’m sharing the Moda Blockheads 4 Block 9 block with some extra tips and tricks for accurate piecing. Be sure to read to the end of the post as I’m sharing a few additional updates for readers.
Moda Blockheads 4 Block 9
I knew I wanted to add some red into this week’s block and so I chose four different prints which all have a bit of red for my 9″ finished block. I love how it turned out and do feel like it adds just the right amount of red into the mix. For my 4.5″ finished block, a red, white and blue color scheme also worked beautifully. (I did switch the darks and lights in the rail fence portion of the small block).
Block 9 Details, Tips, + Tricks
- Go here to download the Cross My Mind (Block 9) pattern PDF from the Zen Chic blog (or click the button below).
- Be sure to look at the different color options for this week’s block.
- I used strip piecing for both of my blocks for the rail fence sections. For the large blocks I cut 1 ½″ x 15″ strips (two light and one dark). For the small blocks I cut 1″ x 10″ strips (two dark and one light). Then I was able to sew and press and then finally trim the units to the perfect sizes.
Moda Blockheads 4 Sew Along Information
- Read the Moda Blockheads 4 Introductory post here.
- Get the Moda Blockheads 4 Basic Methods Resources Sheet PDF here.
- Join the Moda Blockheads Facebook group. In the group you can share your blocks and get inspired by the other Blockheads participants.
- And find all of my previous Moda Blockheads 4 posts here.
A Few More Things…
My copies of Red & White Quilts II arrived…find some signed copies in my shop here (cover photo below). And be sure to stop by tomorrow for my Sewing Room Tour with a video–we were finally able to get everything ready for the tour last week.