Hello and happy Block Heads Wednesday! Today I’m sharing Moda Block Heads 2 Block 30 which is a really fun 18″ x 18″ finished block. While it looks complicated, this one is easy to get right because you’ll be making it a bit larger and trimming to size. Also, this block is a great design to use up extra strips you might have in your stash!
You can see this week’s block over on the right side of my photo–it’s really a fun design. Brigitte Heitland of Zen Chic designed this fun block for us this week, and I love how simple it really was to make!
Thoughts and Tips for Block Construction
- There are a lot of ways you can use fabrics in this block; I decided since it was going to be pretty busy that I wanted to use a lighter print for the large diagonally-set rectangles. The use of the large floral with lots of white space gives the eye a bit of a resting spot in such a fabric-filled block.
- I used my Simple Folded Corners ruler for making the square-in-a-square center unit.
- I used a large 20 ½″ x 20 ½″ ruler to square up my block.
Moda Block Heads 2 Block 30 Links
- Find the PDF pattern for this week’s block, “Gaudi” by Brigitte Heitland here.
- Visit the home page for the Moda Block Heads 2 quilt along here.
- Visit the Moda Block Heads Facebook page here.
- Find my previous Moda Block Heads 2 posts here.
And find the other Moda Block Heads 2 posts for Block 30 here:
- Lynne Hagmeir of Kansas Troubles
- Barbara Groves of Me & My Sister Designs
- Carrie Nelson of Moda Fabrics
- Brigitte Heitland of Zen Chic
- Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique
- Betsy Chutchian
- Stacy Iest Hsu
- Jan Patek
- Laurie Simpson of Minick & Simpson
- Jo Morton
- Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life (you are here)
- Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings
- Corey Yoder of Coriander Quilts
Happy sewing the Moda Block Heads 2 Block 30 block! I’ll be back soon with lots of inspiration from Quilt Market in Houston! Thanks so much for stopping by!
Beautiful block the low volume print is great!
Susan Smith says
Great use of the low volume fabric!
Love, love, love this block – everything about it! The colors are soring like, as well as fall like! Just gorgeous!