Hello and happy Tuesday! Today I’m sharing the Merry Mini Christmas Sew Along Block 4 | Tree Block. This is such a fun block, and the perfect block finale for this mini quilt!
The Merry Mini Christmas Sew Along Blocks
- Get the Poinsettia block pattern PDF here.
- Get the Snowflake block pattern PDF here.
- Find the house block pattern PDF here.
- And get this week’s tree block pattern PDF from Pat Sloan here.
Tips for the Merry Mini Christmas Sew Along Tree Block
This week’s block is not only adorable, but it was also pretty simple (lots of half-square triangles though)! Here are the methods I used for block construction:
- I used my favorite method for making the half-square triangles a bit over-sized and trimmed them down.
- I used the Simple Folded Corners ruler for the top of the tree.
- And I used scant ¼″ seam allowances while making the Cat’s Cradle Unit.
I’ve already sewn my blocks together, added the borders, and sent my little quilt off to be quilted. I can’t wait to share the finished quilt with you next week along with the finishing instructions!
I hope you enjoyed the Merry Mini Christmas Sew Along Block 4. It sure was a fun tree block. And since it finishes at a nice 12″ x 12″ size, it would also be great as a four-block wall hanging or a three-block table runner. So many great ideas for these free PDF patterns.
I’ll be back next week to share my finished quilt. Happy quilting, and thanks so much for stopping by!
How have your Christmas Sew Along projects been going? Share in a comment below!