Hello, friends! I hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend. We enjoyed getting to see many of our family members over the past several days–it’s always so hard to see them go! Today I’m sharing my Quilting Life December 2021 Favorites with a mix of most-read posts, my favorites, and some updates for what is coming soon.
A Quilting Life December 2021 Favorites
Most Read Posts
Here are the most read posts that were originally published this month:
- Quilt Block of the Month December 2021 (and Finishing Instructions) (be sure to download any patterns you still need before the end of the month)
- Saturday Seven (212)
- How to Use a Quilt Planner to Accomplish More
- Favorite Handmade Tree Skirts
- A Quilting Life Christmas Home Tour 2021
This month I made a new tree skirt (see more about it in the Favorite Handmade Tree Skirts post linked above), and I also made a couple more table runners. I am working on finishing my Bouquet scrappy lap quilt and still think I might be able to get it in one piece before the end of the year. This final week of the year is typically one where I work on a lot of works in progress. So, I’m hoping I have some fun finishes (or at least progress) to share next month.
Things I’m Loving Now
Here are some of my current favorites:
- I just got this new box to store some of my Christmas decorations and love that it frees up space in my closet.
- And I bought this iron for myself for Christmas. It’s a new and improved model of the iron I’ve been using for several years. So excited to use it this week!
- We played this fun game at our family party over the weekend. It is good clean fun for people of all ages, and everyone loved it. A couple of family members ordered it before the night was over.
- Finally, I’m hoping to finish up this book before the end of the week–I’m really loving it!
Tomorrow I’ll be sharing a round-up of completed projects for 2021–I always love looking back on the year as I finalize sewing and plans for the new year. And next week I’ll be sharing a new planner post (Monday, January 3rd) along with the first block of the month for the 2022 mystery quilt (Thursday, January 6th). If you still have questions about the 2022 quilt, you can find most of the answers (and fabric requirements) in this post. Seashore Drive kits for the 2022 BOM will bill and ship later this week/early next week. I’ll also have additional information when the first block posts. Finally, I’ve got some Seashore Drive scrap bags here if you’re looking for fabric before it ships in 2022.
Thanks so much for stopping by to read the A Quilting Life December 2021 Favorites post. If you’re looking for more project inspiration, you can find all of the previous post in this series here.
Happy quilting, and thanks so much for stopping by!
When will the seashore drive fat quarters ship?
sherri McConnell says
Factory bundles will be shipping in late January or early February unless we hear differently from Moda 🙂
Thanks! I did find out a local quilt store will be carrying this line. I’m glad I ordered the fat quarters through your Etsy shop.
Wanda T says
Do you have any kits left for purchase for your 2022 BOM program? I’m looking forward to working on these blocks during the year. Happy New Year 2022!
sherri McConnell says
Send me an email to get on the list 🙂
Do we sign up some place to get the fabric for the BOM using Seashore Drive?
Sharon Hesson says
Hello, I am trying to access the finishing instructions for BOM 2021 but it is not available. It shows to be in your trash. Can you assist?