Hello and happy Friday and welcome to the Sunday Best Quilts Sampler Block 4 post. This week’s block is the Driftwood Drive block from my quilt by the same name in our book. This is a fun block that we know you’ll enjoy making!
Quilt Sampler Block 4: Driftwood Drive
Block 4 is from my Driftwood Drive quilt which is my version of our scrappy category quilt. I actually love scrappy quilts that can be worked on over a long period of time and designed this pattern so that blocks could be made along the way and then combined later into a fun quilt. But of course the pattern is pre-cut friendly, so you can also use your favorite charm pack and jelly roll or left-over pieces from those and other pre-cuts.
Block 4 Details and Tips
This week you’ll make one Driftwood Drive quilt sample block and then finish according to our PDF instructions. Get the free PDF download here or click on the link below. Additionally, the Driftwood Drive block uses partial seam construction which is a technique that sounds a little complicated but is actually simple. And I have a video for you which shows the block construction for the Driftwood Drive block step by step through the first round.
- Get the fabric requirements and introductory information for our sew along here.
- Watch the Driftwood Drive partial seams construction video here.
- Get the week one On a Whim pattern PDF here.
- Find the week two Starling pattern PDF here.
- Get the week three Sweet Confetti pattern PDF here.
Harper’s Garden Fabric Information for the Driftwood Drive Block
Here are the exact fabrics from our Harper’s Garden collection that I used in my Driftwood Drive block. It’s kind of a long list this week because I made my block extra scrappy: (clockwise from center):
- Harper’s Garden Cream Vintage
- Harper’s Garden Coral Wispy
- And Harper’s Garden Geranium Roses
- Harper’s Garden Lime Blooms
- Harper’s Garden Navy Vintage
- And Harper’s Garden Geranium Vintage
- Harper’s Garden Lime Wispy
- Harper’s Garden Taupe Criss Cross
- And lastly Harper’s Garden Aqua Mosaic
- Also find the Bella Solids that match these fabrics here.
More on our Sunday Best Quilts Sampler Sew Along
- Be sure to visit Corey’s blog today to see what she is up to this week.
- Follow us on Instagram: Corey (@corianderquilts) and Sherri (@aquiltinglife).
- Use our hashtag #SundayBestQuiltsSampler when posting photos of our blocks.
- And if you still need a copy of our book: Find it here on Amazon or get a signed copy from my shop.
How are you doing with your quilt sample blocks? Share in a comment below!
Thanks so much for sewing along with us, and thanks for stopping by today!