Hello, friends! Happy November–today I’m sharing the Quilting Life Block of the Month November 2022. I really can’t believe we are so close to finishing up! This week’s block is definitely one of my favorites in both color ways! Keep reading for the tips, pattern, and video.
Quilting Life Block of the Month November2022
2022 Block of the Month Details
- This year’s quilt is a sampler with 12 different unique pieced blocks. There is no applique’ or paper piecing required. Once again, I will be sharing block patterns in two sizes: 12″ finished and 6″ finished.
- Patterns release monthly on the first Thursday of the month here on the blog.
- Each month, a step-by-step video tutorial features helps to make to make that month’s block. Watch the video here on the blog or on the YouTube channel here.
- The 2021 blocks are now available as a full file in my shop for purchase here.
- Get the 2022 Block of the Month Fabric Requirements here.
- Find all of the previous posts in the Quilt Block of the Month series here.
- And find answers to Block of the Month Frequently Asked Questions here.
- Finally, I’ve recently received a few questions about the finished size of this year’s quilt. I haven’t finalized my setting, but since the blocks are the same as last year’s, the finished sizes will be similar: 27″ x 34″ for the small quilt with 6″ blocks and 52″ x 67″ for the larger quilt with 12″ blocks. Of course, you can always make additional blocks and/or add additional borders to increase your quilt size. I’m also thinking about setting my small blocks into a table runner this year…details soon!
November 2022 Block of the Month Tips & Tricks
This month’s block is one of our easiest. Simple squares and four flying geese units make piecing a breeze. Just be sure to measure and cut carefully. You can also have fun with color placement in this month’s blocks–there are so many possibilities! I loved adding the scrappy low-volume prints to the star center. If you signed up last month for the block of the month, the PDF will be coming directly to your inbox today (just be sure and check your spam folder). In case you didn’t sign up yet to receive the patterns by email, there is a download link below. You can also download the PDF directly from the bottom of this post if there is a problem with your email delivery.
- Also, use this Bloc Loc ruler for the flying geese in the large blocks (be sure to add ¼″ when cutting out your fabrics if you use the ruler).
- And use this Bloc Loc ruler for the flying geese in the small blocks (be sure to add ¼″ when using the ruler).
November Block Video
Watch this month’s block video above or go here to watch on our YouTube channel. You’ll see both blocks up close and find additional details on sewing along with pressing information in the video.
2023 Block of the Month
Finally, I want to let you all know that yes, there will be a 2023 block of the month coming your way! I’ll have more details for you soon including fabric requirements for those of you who want to start getting fabrics together.
Thanks so much for stopping by!