Hello, friends! Today I’m stopping in to share some preliminary information and the Quilt Block of the Month 2022 Fabric Requirements. Be prepared for the first block pattern release in just a couple of weeks with today’s information and extra project details.
Quilt Block of the Month 2022 Fabric Requirements
2022 Mystery Block of the Month Quilt Details
First, I recently filmed the video for the January block, and I’m so excited to begin sharing this quilt next year. In the meantime, though, here are some details that will help you as you plan for fabric needs for this project.
- This year’s quilt is a sampler with 12 different unique pieced blocks. There is no applique’ or paper piecing required. Once again I will be sharing block patterns in two sizes: 12″ finished and 6″ finished.
- Patterns release monthly on the first Thursday of the month here on the blog. January’s block will be shared on Thursday, January 6, 2022.
- Each month, a step-by-step video tutorial sharing how to make that month’s block will be featured. Watch the video here on the blog or on the YouTube channel here.
- If you still need patterns from 2021, get them now from the blog as they won’t be available for free after 2021. And find links to all of the previous posts in the 2021 BOM here.
- The 2021 blocks are now available as a full file in my shop for purchase here.
2022 Fabric Requirements for 12″ Finished Blocks
Next, below you’ll find approximate fabric requirements for the blocks. These amounts are subject to change; however, I did add additional amounts into my calculations so that you’ll be sure to have plenty of fabric.
- 12 – 18 Fat Quarters (or more for a scrappier quilt)
- 2 yards of background fabric for blocks and inner border (solid or tone on tone)
- 1 yard contrast for blocks (I’m using ⅓ yard each of three different grey prints for this in my quilt).
- ½-yard sashing (I’m using a light floral for this)
- 1-yard outer border
- ⅝-yard binding
2022 Fabric Requirements for 6″ Finished Blocks
- 12-18 Fat Eighths
- 1 yard of background fabric for blocks and inner border (solid or tone on tone)
- ½-yard contrast for blocks
- ¼-yard sashing
- ½-yard outer border
- ⅓-yard binding
A Few More Things
Finally, I hope this information will be helpful as you plan for your 2022 Mystery Quilt Block of the Month. (I know a lot of quilters will be looking to take advantage of the after-Christmas sales that will be taking place soon). I can’t wait to begin sharing blocks and videos with you.
Happy quilting, and thanks so much for stopping by