Hello, friends! Happy Monday! Today I’m going to discuss all things small quilts! I’m especially going to focus on how to hang small quilts, and I have a short video to show my preferred method. But I also have some tips to share for mini quilts in general!
How to Hang Small Quilts
One of the most common questions I get asked is how to hang small quilts. For larger quilts I add a nearly full-width sleeve to the back if I know I will be hanging it, but for mini and small quilts I have a much simplified method (that uses less fabric as well).
How to Hang Small Quilts Video
Watch the short video above to get my tips and tricks for hanging smaller quilts (or watch it here on my YouTube channel). I’ve linked the quilt patterns shown in the video below for your convenience:
- Moda All-Stars Mini Marvels (first quilt shown is in this book)
- Hearts at Home Mini Quilt (I made four blocks from this pattern)
- Berry Baskets Mini Quilt
More on Mini Quilts
I love mini quilts and have been really excited to start hanging mine up in my new sewing room. This is a project on the list for this week, and I’ll be sure to share pictures as soon as I get them on the walls! But I also have some posts on mini quilts that you might enjoy reading.
- Read my Best Tips for Mini Quilts post here.
- Since seam allowance accuracy is even more important in mini quilts, read my Tips for Accurate Measuring and Cutting here.
- Find my Mini Quilt Patterns here.
I hope you enjoyed today’s post on How to Hang Small Quilts. Happy quilting, and thanks so much for stopping by!