Hello, friends! Today I’m sharing a fun new design, my Flower Garden Medley Pattern with three different projects perfect for using English paper-pieced Grandmother’s Flower Garden blocks. I’ve also got a video to go along with today’s post so you can see all of the projects up close. And I’ve linked several more patterns using Grandmother’s Flower Garden blocks with resources to help you learn to make this block if you’re new to the technique.
Flower Garden Medley Pattern
Flower Garden Medley Table Topper
The Flower Garden Medley Table Topper finishes at 20″ x 20″ and uses four Grandmother’s Flower Garden blocks. I used two different contrast fabrics in my pieced blocks–the red floral and the gingham in red that I also used for binding. This project can also be used as a mini quilt or wall hanging.
Flower Garden Medley Pillow
The Flower Garden Medley Pillow features one Grandmother’s Flower Garden block with accent corners on the background fabric and an inner border and scrappy outer border. This pillow finishes at 12″ x 12″ and would also make a great block for a larger quilt.
Flower Garden Medley Mug Rug or Table Mat
The Flower Garden Medley Mug Rug or Table Mat finishes at 11″ x 11″. I made a scrappy background for mine to add even more interest. You could also make this design just a bit larger by adding another round of border fabrics to use it as a placemat.
Flower Garden Medley Video
Watch today’s video sharing of these projects above or watch on our YouTube channel. You’ll be able to see all of the projects up close and hear a few more details about each one.
Resources for Grandmother’s Flower Garden Blocks
If you love the look of English paper pieced Grandmother’s Flower Garden blocks but are nervous to try–I’ve got you covered! This is a fun and easy project that any beginner can do. I have a few videos and posts that will walk you through the process step-by-step. And I’ve also linked another couple of patterns for you to try if you love making these blocks.
- Learn how to make a Grandmother’s Flower Garden Block here.
- A Simple Guide to English Paper Piecing shares all of my resources for these blocks.
- See my applique’ technique for hand stitching Grandmother’s Flower Garden blocks to background fabric (you can also add them to background fabric using your sewing machine).
- Window Box is a fun wall hanging using these blocks (PDF only)
- Bouquet is another of my favorite Flower Garden Block quilts
- Flowers for Emma is a fun wall hanging using Grandmother’s Flower Garden blocks.
- Blooms is a larger quilt using these blocks.
- Emma’s Garden combines fun patchwork and GFG blocks.
- And Sweet is another fun pattern option for putting your Grandmother’s Flower Garden blocks into a quilt.
Thanks so much for stopping by to see the Flower Garden Medley pattern. The projects in this pattern are perfect for your holiday sewing and gift giving.