Hello, friends, and happy Monday! Today I’m sharing the A Quilting Life Podcast Episode 49 Show Notes. We were super excited to welcome our friends and long-arm quilters Marion Bott and Valerie Krueger to this episode to talk all things long-arming. Since we often get questions about this topic, we felt like all of the long-arm quilting questions could be best answered by two of our long-arm quilting friends. This was a fun episode to record, and we hope you’ll love it!
A Quilting Life Podcast Episode 49 Show Notes
Episode 49 Topics and Links
First, Marion and Val both shared their quilting journeys including their journey to long-arm quilting. Next, they addressed the following questions. (Many of the questions are ones we are routinely asked about long-arm quilting):
- Marion’s quilt was on the wall and is the Regimental Star pattern by Red Crinoline Quilts.
- Val’s quilt on the table is called “Get Comfy” and was published in American Patchwork & Quilting in February 2015 and was pieced with Homestead Gatherings fabric.
- Val’s quilt on the ladder will be featured in an upcoming sew along, the Meet Me in the Garden Stitch Along with Lisa Bongean from Primitive Gatherings.
- Marion and Val’s quilting journeys
- Val and Marion’s journey to long-arm quilting
- How Sherri met Val and Marion
- What quilters do when someone asks them to just come up with a design for a quilt
- Difference between custom quilting and edge-to-edge quilting
- Choosing thread for quilts
- Advice for quilters prior to dropping off quilt to long-armer
- Finally, they share advice for someone thinking about getting a long-arm quilting machine.
Where to Listen and Watch the Podcast
Here are the places you can listen to and watch the A Quilting Life Podcast:
Where to Find Sherri & Chelsi
- Sherri’s Blog (you are here)
- A Quilting Life Pattern Shop (Sherri’s)
- Chelsi’s Blog
- Chelsi’s Pattern Shop
- A Quilting Life Instagram
- Chelsi Stratton Instagram
- A Quilting Life YouTube Channel
- Sherri & Chelsi Facebook Group
Our Next Episode
Finally, we’re excited to let you know that our next episode will air on Monday, February 28th. That episode will be a topic-based episode. We’re always interested in suggestions, so please leave any ideas in the comments for this post. Finally, if you’d like to find out about earlier episodes of our show, you can find all of the Show Notes posts for the earlier episodes of the Quilting Life Podcast here.
Thanks so much for stopping by, and happy quilting!
Robin Rogers says
Thanks so much for making my quilting experiences better-I really enjoy being able to connect. Question: What do you think about washing quilts before gifting them? Sometimes I worry about fabric bleeding, etc. Care and treatment of quilts going to a new home can be disappointing-often I think folks just don’t know how to clean these larger pieces. I rarely gift my knitting anymore because folks just don’t know how to wash and block wool.