Hello, friends! We are counting down the days until the end of the year, and so today I’m sharing my A Quilting Life Favorites December 2023. In today’s post you’ll find the most-read posts from the month along with some of my favorites. Be sure to stop by tomorrow when I’ll be sharing my plans for the upcoming year.
A Quilting Life Favorites December 2023
Most Read Posts in December
Below you’ll find the list of most-read posts in December 2023. No surprises for me this month here!
- 2023 Block of the Month December Block + Finishing Instructions
- 2024 Block of the Month Information Page
- Best Posts 2023
- Year in Review: Quilts
- Small Projects from 2023
Made in December
Truth be told, I didn’t really get that much sewing done in December! It was quite a busy month for me as I’m sure it was for most everyone. And the things that I did sew are primarily for sharing in the new year. I got a jump-start on my 2024 block of the month before sample yardage arrived for a collection we’ll be sharing next year. With the arrival of that fabric, my sewing has revolved around using those fabrics! I did make the table runner pictured above. If you didn’t get the free pattern for the runner and lap quilt, be sure to click on the button below:
Five Things I’m Loving Right Now
Here are the things I’m loving the most right now:
- First, I always love using my grandmother’s Christmas dishes (pictured above) during the season. I snapped a few photos before we got ready to eat our family Christmas dinner last weekend.
- I just started reading From Strength to Strength: Finding Success, Happiness, and Deep Purpose in the Second Half of Life by Arthur Brooks. So far, I’m really loving it, and it’s a perfect book to read at the beginning of a new year, no matter your age. I read his more recent book, Build the Life You Want earlier this year and decided to read this one as well. I’ve really been able to read a lot this year and plan to continue that in the new year.
- Next up is a recipe we just tried last weekend. (I shared this on my Saturday Seven recently, but I hadn’t yet tasted it). We discovered that using three bagels for the homemade bagel crisps was the perfect amount to match up with the dip recipe. This one is definitely going to go in our regular rotation and is perfect for brunch or an appetizer at any time. Find the Smoked Salmon Dip with Bagel Crisps recipe here.
- This week of the year. Yes, I love the week between Christmas and New Year’s because I get so much organizing done at this time. If you’re looking for help organizing as you move into the new year, you’ll love this email series.
- Finally, I made our family recipe snowball cookies this year (by request from my oldest). I had forgotten how beautiful they are sitting on a plate! I had also forgotten how delicious they are!
Thanks so much for stopping by for the A Quilting Life Favorites December 2023 post. You can find all of the previous posts in this series here.