Hello and happy Saturday! It’s the last Saturday of the year which means it’s really time to get organized for 2018!
I’m pretty excited about today’s Saturday Seven…I found some fun things to
share with you all! The photo above is of some of my scrappy bright log cabin blocks. I’ve pulled this project out to start working on it for the new year!
1. Just before Christmas I saw some of these quilt-as-you-go thread catcher baskets on Instagram…I haven’t made one yet, but am planning to soon. Even better, this is a free tutorial!
2. Did you know the new Spring Hearth & Hand with Magnolia collection by Joanna Gaines for Target is now available to purchase in store and on-line…shop here! I’m especially loving this desk organizer to store tools in my sewing room! And this wreath…I’m ordering it for my family room. Also at Target, storage products are all on sale now…including this basket perfect for storing smaller quilts!
3. I can’t wait to make the minimalist wallet and petal pouch patterns from this new pattern book (the pattern for the tote on the cover is also included) by one of my favorite accessory pattern writers, Anna Graham (I ordered this for myself for Christmas). Her book Handmade Style: 23 Must-Have Basics to Stitch, Use, and Wear has been one of my favorites for a long time!
4. Pottery Barn sale alert…shop here and get up to 30% off with the code CHEERS.
5. My copy of Start with Strips: 13 Colorful Quilts from 2 ½&34; Strips of arrived just before Christmas. I knew this was going to be a good book, and it is! I’ll be sharing progress soon on the first quilt I’m going to make from this book!
6. This skinny cream sauce is the perfect addition to your recipe line-up to start the new year…we use it with pasta and mix in different ingredients depending on what we have on hand. Yum!
7. I couldn’t choose just one thing here…I loved this article on Four Ideas for Creating New Year’s Resolutions, and thought this article contained some really great helps for setting up your planner for the new year (regardless of the brand you use).
Thank you so much for reading along this year! I wish you and your family a blessed, healthy and happy 2018!
Happy New Year to you too.. I enjoyed reading all your blog posts this past year and look forward to seeing what you'll bring us in 2018.?
Angie in SoCal says
These posts are ever so inspirational. I love that trim tool. I'm finishing up a quilt using it today – well at least making the blocks. It makes the blocks grow so fast!
Happy New Year to you, too, Sherri. See you next time.
Happy New Year, Sherri! I've enjoyed your Saturday Seven posts and I hope you will continue them in 2018! Lots of fun ideas!
I've made one of the threa catcher as a christmas gift and it turned out so cute I really need to make one for me too.
Have a wonderful and Happy New Year:-)
Rosemary B❤️ says
Happy New Year Sherri
Have a fun last couple of hours of this used up year, then we start all fresh and fancy
Cheryl B. says
Happy New Year to you too!
My book arrived on Friday. I love every quilt in it and am jazzed to get working on them in 2018! Happy new year!
Do you always use the trim tool for your log cabin blocks? I have the ruler but I don’t have scraps. We live in a travel trailer full time, and I use precuts. Not much room for scraps. I can use a layer cake but also thought about a jelly roll. Thank you.