Hello and happy Saturday! It’s the last Saturday of the year which means it’s really time to get organized for 2018!
I’m pretty excited about today’s Saturday Seven…I found some fun things to
1. Just before Christmas I saw some of these quilt-as-you-go thread catcher baskets on Instagram…I haven’t made one yet, but am planning to soon. Even better, this is a free tutorial!
2. Did you know the new Spring Hearth & Hand with Magnolia collection by Joanna Gaines for Target is now available to purchase in store and on-line…shop here! I’m especially loving this desk organizer to store tools in my sewing room! And this wreath…I’m ordering it for my family room. Also at Target, storage products are all on sale now…including this basket perfect for storing smaller quilts!
3. I can’t wait to make the minimalist wallet and petal pouch patterns from this new pattern book (the pattern for the tote on the cover is also included) by one of my favorite accessory pattern writers, Anna Graham (I ordered this for myself for Christmas). Her book Handmade Style: 23 Must-Have Basics to Stitch, Use, and Wear has been one of my favorites for a long time!
4. Pottery Barn sale alert…shop here and get up to 30% off with the code CHEERS.
5. My copy of Start with Strips: 13 Colorful Quilts from 2 ½&34; Strips of arrived just before Christmas. I knew this was going to be a good book, and it is! I’ll be sharing progress soon on the first quilt I’m going to make from this book!
6. This skinny cream sauce is the perfect addition to your recipe line-up to start the new year…we use it with pasta and mix in different ingredients depending on what we have on hand. Yum!
7. I couldn’t choose just one thing here…I loved this article on Four Ideas for Creating New Year’s Resolutions, and thought this article contained some really great helps for setting up your planner for the new year (regardless of the brand you use).
Thank you so much for reading along this year! I wish you and your family a blessed, healthy and happy 2018!