Happy New Year! I hope you’re off to a great start! I meant to get this post up a little earlier today, but I’ve been purging and cleaning…and organizing and labeling! I can’t wait to share some of my new sewing room organization ideas!
So today’s pictures are of the only part of the sewing room that is actually kind
Here’s what you can do right now to get ready for a fantastic year of quilting!
Tips for a Great Year of Quilting
1. Make a list of your works in progress. If you have so many that it’s overwhelming, pick just twelve. Write them all down (this is important). Work on one each month and then work on a different one the next month and so on. You might surprise yourself how much you are able to get done. You can do this along with the folks at American Patchwork & Quilting, too. Go here to find out about how they can help keep you on schedule and to download their WIP tracker for 2018.
2. Make a list of sewing/quilting goals for the first three month of this year. I’ve found that it’s almost too much to make my goals for the year all at once. Plus, I’m constantly changing my mind and finding new projects and inspiration, so quarterly just works best. Write these goals down as well.
3. Make a list of organizing goals for the first quarter. Again, this is not as overwhelming a task if you think of it in a shorter time span. Perhaps you’ll decide to organize your scraps by color this quarter, or maybe you’ll just want to organize your Christmas fabrics. Choose one goal or several…but write them down!
4. Put your lists in a place where you can see them and refer to them often! Feel free to update as needed, but begin with a plan!(It’s not too late to get a Quilter’s Planner to keep all of your notes organized).
5. Try to get these mini assignments finished up this week…and then check back here each Wednesday for a Works in Progress tip or organizational idea! (Later this week I’ll share some of the other things that will be going on here on the blog this year). PS. If you missed this post last week…re-visit it for links to lots of my organizing posts for quilters and sewists.
Happy list-making, quilting, and organizing!
Thanks so much for stopping by!