Welcome to the Stitch Pink Quilt Along Part 5 post. We’ve arrived at the end of our sew along—congratulations! And thank you to everyone who has been sewing along. Today I’ll share directions on how to set your quilt together. And you’ll also be able to see my finished Together Wall Hanging quilt which uses one of each of the five different block styles along with four alternate blocks. The wall hanging is a terrific option if you want to make a smaller version of the Together quilt—you may even want to make both versions as I did.
Stitch Pink Quilt Along Part 5
Helpful Tools and Tips
Be sure to watch the video for all of my tips for block pressing and tools that can help make your sewing quicker and more accurate. Below is a list of tools I suggest in today’s video. These tools are helpful not only for today’s blocks but will also help as you continue making and finish the quilt:
- Mini Simple Folded Corners Ruler
- Olfa 1 ¼” x 12 ½” Ruler (Note…it’s called the 1 x 12 but measures at 1 ¼″ x 12″)
- Creative Grids 4 ½” x 8 ½” Ruler
- Remember that you will need the Together Quilt Pattern to make this quilt (QLD210)
- Note that if you’re using the Sincerely Yours fabrics some are directional and you’ll need to pay attention to the direction of the fabrics when cutting the pieces.
- Watch the video for pressing tips so that your seams will nest as much as possible.
- Tag your photos with the hashtag #StitchPink2021
- Remember that you will need to go to our YouTube channel for the videos for this sew along.
Quilt assembly instructions and diagrams are found on pages 11-12 of your pattern.
Extra Tips for Quilt Assembly
- If you’re using your own fabrics or have changed up some of the prints, I suggest you lay out the entire quilt before sewing it together in order to make sure you like the layout.
- Post and Sashing rows begin and end with a 9-Patch post unit.
- Block rows begin and end with a sashing unit.
- Measure your quilt sides and top and bottom for borders before cutting those border pieces.
- You can easily make this quilt larger by adding an additional border to the quilt. Use your favorite print for this border.
Together Wall Hanging Quilt
With my extra blocks and bits and pieces from filming the videos I realized that I could make a fun wall hanging version of this quilt. This wall hanging finishes at 42 ½” x 42 ½”. Download the PDF instructions for the wall hanging here. (Together pattern is still needed for cutting information).
A Few Final Thoughts…
Thanks so much for sewing along and for reading today’s Stitch Pink Quilt Along Part 5 post. I have appreciated so much the kind comments and support for this pattern and our Sincerely Yours fabric collection. And, I can’t wait to see all of the finished Together Quilts and Wall Hangings over the next little while. The videos will be available for you to re-watch as needed on the YouTube channel, and you can find all of the previous posts in this series here.