Hello, friends! Happy Thursday! Today I’m sharing lots of fun things including the Sew Colorful Gray Bundle, the goodies included in the April Sew Sampler Box, and the brand new Jolly Bar Book 2 (with projects perfect for beginner quilters).
Sew Colorful Gray Bundle
First up is the Sew Colorful Gray Bundle Fat Quarter Shop hosts a Sew Colorful Fabric Bundle of the month to help you build your stash color by color (you can sign up for this fun club here). Each month features 15 different color-coordinated fat quarters. The April bundle was a fun group of gray fabrics that I am highlighting today. Fat Quarter Shop has also created a delightful Sew Colorful Stars Pattern that is perfect for these fun bundles of color! You can also find previous bundles in a variety of scrappy goodness here.
The Postage Stamp Star Quilt Block
I chose the free Postage Stamp Star Quilt Block to use for today’s post. I’d been wanting to make this fun 18″ finished block for some time and was delighted when I found out it was perfect for a fat quarter project (get the free PDF pattern here)! I used one of the fat quarters in the bundle from the brand new At Home collection and really love how the block turned out. If you love this block, you can also get the pattern to use this block in a quilt in four different sizes here.
Sew Sampler April Box
Next, I also have to share the Sew Sampler April Box which as usual contains so many fun things. Of course my favorite is most usually the Moda fabric as it is this month! Here is what is included:
- At Home Jolly Bar–just gorgeous! I can’t wait to make something fun with these fabrics!
- Scallops and Waves Quilting Template–perfect if you want to try quilting some curves with your home machine.
- Alphabitties Expansion Pack in Gray. I love using Alphabitties to keep track of blocks and quilts with lots of numbered/lettered pieces. This expansion pack is a perfect addition to the set I have.
- Beeswax Thread Conditioner which will reduce tangling, knotting, and fraying. I have a quilt to bind and will be trying this out today!
- Greatest Hits Album Quilt Track #1 pattern–Block 1 in a fun new sampler with a quilt kit in Bella Solids and thread pack available now.
Jolly Bar Book 2
And finally, my friends at Fat Quarter Shop sent me a copy of the Jolly Bar Book 2 to review. (Jolly Bars are 5″ x 10″ fabric cuts from a collection that are perfect for smaller and mid-size projects). I have the first Jolly Bar project book as well, and the Fat Quarter Shop ladies have done it again.
The Jolly Bar Book Volume 2 includes 20 patterns for small/lap sized quilts that are absolutely delightful. I think this is a terrific book for beginners. It’s also great for anyone who wants to be able to put together a fast and fun project for gift-giving or quick décor. This will definitely be a go-to book for me for baby quilts. (There are several I want to make right away). Oh, and you can find all of the Jolly Bar fabric packs available now and for pre-order here.
I hope you enjoyed this post on the Sew Colorful Gray Bundle, April Sew Sampler Box, and Jolly Bar Book Volume 2. I had so many fun fabrics and notions to share today it seemed perfect to put them in one post. Happy quilting, and thanks so much for stopping by.