Hello, friends, and happy Wednesday. Today I’m sharing my Sampler Spree Quilt Blocks January Update. I was working pretty regularly on this project during the second half of 2021 but let it go during the busy holiday season. Since I really do want to get these blocks finished up soon so I can put the quilt together, I am determined to work on it steadily now. I put it on my calendar this weekend and am happy to say I made some good progress.
Sampler Spree Quilt Blocks January Update
Some of you might remember that my initial plan was to sew five blocks a week and be done before Christmas. That didn’t happen…but at the end of November I had 70 blocks completed with just 30 more to go. So last Saturday I began again, using the method I described in this post to get going again on this project. First, I cut out all of the pieces for the next ten blocks being sure to use a wide variety of prints and colors. Then I pieced a couple of blocks and pieced three more the next day. I even started on the sixth block, so it will go together quickly when I get my next chance to sew.
Sampler Spree Quilt Links
Here are the details if you’d like to sew any of the blocks or start this quilt as a new year’s project:
- First, if you don’t have it already, be sure to grab a copy of Susan Ache’s Sampler Spree book for all of the block patterns. You can see Susan’s gorgeous blocks on her Instagram Account @yardgrl60.
- Next, find the Moda Cutting Table posts for this sew along here.
- And, find all of my posts for this sew along here.
Here are some of the tips for making this set of blocks along with the fabrics I used for each:
- Oh, Susannah, Block 71 – I used the Mini Simple Folded Corners Ruler for these blocks and use a combination of Seashore Drive and Balboa fabrics.
- Four Patch Star, Block 72 – I sized up the squares for the half-square triangles up ⅛″ to give me extra for trimming down to size. The red floral is from Happy Days, and the background tone on tone is from Seashore Drive.
- New Neighbor, Block 73 – Once again I sized up the squares by ⅛″ for the half-square triangles. I also used my Bloc Loc Flying Geese Square Up Ruler for those units. The green print is from Summer Sweet, and the background is from Seashore Drive.
- Nine Patch Star, Block 74 – I also used the Mini Simple Folded Corners Ruler for the star points. The orange daisy print is from Summer Sweet, and the background floral is from Seashore Drive.
- The Broken Path, Block 75 – I sized up the squares for the half-square triangles by ⅛″ and then used the Bloc Loc Flying Geese Square Up Ruler for the four flying geese. The yellow daisy is from Summer Sweet with the background fabric once again from Seashore Drive.
Since I have the next set cut out and ready to sew, I should be sharing another update with you soon! I’m also thinking about cutting out the next ten before I even start sewing. That will put me even closer to the finish line. And using these bright spring colors has been the perfect addition of sunshine for our cooler January days.
Thanks for stopping by to read the Sampler Spree Quilt Blocks January Update. Happy quilting!