Hello, friends, and happy September! I always love when September rolls around–it means we just have a few weeks left of our extreme heat and that fall is on the way. And since today is also the first Thursday of the month, I’m sharing the Quilt Block of the Month September 2022 today. I have tips, tricks, and a video with some more ideas about these blocks.
Quilt Block of the Month September 2022
2022 Block of the Month Details
- This year’s quilt is a sampler with 12 different unique pieced blocks. There is no applique’ or paper piecing required. Once again, I will be sharing block patterns in two sizes: 12″ finished and 6″ finished.
- Patterns release monthly on the first Thursday of the month here on the blog.
- Each month, a step-by-step video tutorial features helps to make to make that month’s block. Watch the video here on the blog or on the YouTube channel here.
- The 2021 blocks are now available as a full file in my shop for purchase here.
- Get the 2022 Block of the Month Fabric Requirements here.
- Find all of the previous posts in the Quilt Block of the Month series here.
- And find answers to Block of the Month Frequently Asked Questions here.
- Finally, I’ve recently received a few questions about the finished size of this year’s quilt. I haven’t finalized my setting, but since the blocks are the same as last year’s, the finished sizes will be similar: 27″ x 34″ for the small quilt with 6″ blocks and 52″ x 67″ for the larger quilt with 12″ blocks. Of course, you can always make additional blocks and/or add additional borders to increase your quilt size.
September 2022 Block: Tips & Tricks
This month’s block features three different types of units: half-square triangles, flying geese, and a center square-in-a-square. I used three different fabrics along with my background to give this a fun scrappy look in both versions:
- Frist, go here to download this month’s PDF pattern (or click the button below).
- Use the Creative Grids Ultimate Flying Geese Ruler to make four identical (and precision) flying geese.
- You can also use the Mini Simple Folded Corners Ruler for the center square-in-a-square unit.
- And use your favorite method for the half-square triangles. Square measurements on my pattern are sized up to allow for trimming.
September 2022 Block Video
Watch this month’s block video above or go here to watch it on YouTube. I share a few extra thoughts about the block construction along with pressing information in the video.
Next Month’s Block
Next month’s block will be shared on Thursday, October 6th. Thanks so much for stopping by, and happy quilting!
Where is your SEARCH bar? I am trying to locate the zipper pillow back print out.
sherri McConnell says
At the bottom of the page you can search by month, by category, or choose your own term to search 🙂