Hello, friends! Today I’m super happy to share the Quilting Life Quilt Block of the Month September 2021 blocks. This month’s block pattern was a lot of fun for me to make. I love how it turned out in both my Happy Days fabrics as well as in the Christmas prints. And, it actually goes together much quicker and easier than it looks with a few helpful hints. Be sure to watch the block assembly video either in today’s post or on our YouTube channel to get all of the tips and tricks.
Quilt Block of the Month September 2021
Quilt Block of the Month 2021 Details
- First, this is a mystery block of the month. (No full-quilt pictures yet).
- The quilt is a sampler with 12 different unique pieced blocks. No applique’ or paper piecing required.
- Patterns release monthly on the first Thursday of the month here on the blog.
- Each month, a step-by-step video tutorial sharing how to make that month’s block will be featured. Watch the video here on the blog or on the YouTube channel here.
- Fabric Requirements for blocks: I suggest 12-15 fat quarters for the large blocks (fat eighths will work for the small blocks). You’ll also need 2-½ yards of background for the larger blocks and 1-½ yards of background for the smaller blocks.
- Find links to all of the previous posts in this year’s BOM here.
- I also have just a few more Happy Days pre-cuts in the shop .
September 2021 Block Tips and Tricks
- Go here to find this month’s free PDF block pattern. (Or click the button below).
- I used the Mini Simple Folded Corners Ruler for this month’s blocks. Find it here.
- Now is a great time to review which fabrics or colors you might want to use more of in the remaining blocks. I keep notes if I notice a fabric I definitely want to use more of.
September Block Video
Watch this month’s block video above, or go here to watch it on our YouTube Channel. In the monthly block videos I share tips and tricks for faster, easier, and more accurate block construction.
12″ Blocks Quilt Finishing Requirements.
I’m still working on a fun way to set the 6″ blocks but wanted to give you the basic fabric requirements for a simple setting for the 12″ blocks:
- 1 ⅛ yard background
- ½ yard sashing contrast
- ⅞ yard outer border
- ⅝ yard binding
- 4 yards backing
- (optional) scraps for scrappy sashing posts
Thanks so much for stopping by for the Quilt Block of the Month September 2021 post. I can’t believe we have just three more months to go in order to have all of the blocks for this quilt. It’s going to be a lot of fun to see the blocks assembled into quilts! Happy quilting!