Hello, friends, and happy May! While I can’t believe that May is here, I am ready for some summer relaxation soon! Today I’m sharing the Quilting Life Quilt Block of the Month May 2022, and I also have a free calendar printable for you to download for May as well.
Quilt Block of the Month May 2022
2022 Quilt Along Details
- This year’s quilt is a sampler with 12 different unique pieced blocks. There is no applique’ or paper piecing required. Once again, I will be sharing block patterns in two sizes: 12″ finished and 6″ finished.
- Patterns release monthly on the first Thursday of the month here on the blog.
- Each month, a step-by-step video tutorial features helps to make to make that month’s block. Watch the video here on the blog or on the YouTube channel here.
- The 2021 blocks are now available as a full file in my shop for purchase here.
- Get the 2022 Block of the Month Fabric Requirements here.
- Find all of the previous posts in the Quilt Block of the Month series here.
- And find answers to Block of the Month Frequently Asked Questions here.
- Finally, I’ve recently received a few questions about the finished size of this year’s quilt. I haven’t finalized my setting, but since the blocks are the same as last year’s, the finished sizes will be similar: 27″ x 34″ for the small quilt with 6″ blocks and 52″ x 67″ for the larger quilt with 12″ blocks. Of course, you can always make additional blocks and/or add additional borders to increase your quilt size.
May Block of the Month: Tips & Tricks
- First, go here, or click the button below for this month’s free PDF block pattern.
- This month’s block uses a lot of half-square triangles. I made all of mine according to the pattern directions and trimmed down. You can also use triangle paper.
- For pressing, see my video today.
- Happy quilting!
May Block of the Month Video
Watch this month’s block of the month video above or go here to watch it on our YouTube channel. See the large and small blocks up close, and also get pressing suggestions.
Free May Calendar + June Block Release Date
I also have a May Calendar printable PDF for you today. I use mine in my sewing room to keep extra notes. Get it here or click the button below for your free calendar printable. And I’ll be back on Thursday, June 2nd with the June Block of the Month pattern.
Thanks so much for stopping by, and happy quilting!