Hello, friends! Today I’m sharing the Quilt Block of the Month March 2022. I hope you’ll enjoy this month’s block as it’s one of my favorites this time around. Along with today’s pattern, you’ll find a video with detailed helps for you as you assemble the block. Thanks so much to everyone who is quilting along and sharing their blocks–they are always so much fun to see. Also, keep reading for the free March calendar PDF below.
Quilt Block of the Month March 2022
2022 Quilt Along Details
- This year’s quilt is a sampler with 12 different unique pieced blocks. There is no applique’ or paper piecing required. Once again, I will be sharing block patterns in two sizes: 12″ finished and 6″ finished.
- Patterns release monthly on the first Thursday of the month here on the blog.
- Each month, a step-by-step video tutorial features helps to make to make that month’s block. Watch the video here on the blog or on the YouTube channel here.
- The 2021 blocks are now available as a full file in my shop for purchase here.
- Get the 2022 Block of the Month Fabric Requirements here.
- Find all of the previous posts in the Quilt Block of the Month series here.
- And find answers to Block of the Month Frequently Asked Questions here.
- Finally, I’ve recently received a few questions about the finished size of this year’s quilt. I haven’t finalized my setting, but since the blocks are the same as last year’s, the finished sizes will be similar: 27″ x 34″ for the small quilt with 6″ blocks and 52″ x 67″ for the larger quilt with 12″ blocks. Of course, you can always make additional blocks and/or add additional borders to increase your quilt size.
March 2022 Quilt Block Details
This month’s block uses a variety of techniques to create a beautiful sawtooth star with a patchwork center and contrasting corners. You’ll find the following notes and tools helpful:
- I used this Bloc Loc Flying Geese Trim Ruler for the 6″ finished block and this Block Loc Flying Geese Ruler for the 12″ finished block. Be sure to add ¼″ to the cutting measurements for flying geese units if using the specialty rulers.
- Use your favorite method for making the half-square triangles. Please note that the pattern pieces for the half-square triangles are larger than necessary so you can trim to the perfect size.
- Also, I share pressing details on the video that might be helpful as you are sewing your blocks.
- Go here to download the March 2022 Block Pattern PDF or click the button below.
March Quilt Block Video
Watch the March Quilt Block Video above or go here to watch this month’s video on our YouTube channel. I’ve included some extra helps in the video for new and beginner quilters.
March 2022 Calendar PDF + Next Month’s Block
You can also go here to download my monthly calendar PDF for March 2022. The calendar page lists podcast and video dates and has room for you to note to-dos and other things to remember. And finally, the April 2022 block pattern and video will be shared on Thursday, April 7th. Happy sewing this month, and thanks so much for stopping by!