Hello, friends, and happy Thursday! Today I’m sharing the Quilt Block of the Month June 2022 block pattern PDF. We are half-way through this mystery quilt along, and I’m really loving how both of my quilts are coming together. I’ve got a video for today’s quilt blocks and all of the tips and tricks listed below.
Quilt Block of the Month June 2022
2022 Quilt Along Details
- This year’s quilt is a sampler with 12 different unique pieced blocks. There is no applique’ or paper piecing required. Once again, I will be sharing block patterns in two sizes: 12″ finished and 6″ finished.
- Patterns release monthly on the first Thursday of the month here on the blog.
- Each month, a step-by-step video tutorial features helps to make to make that month’s block. Watch the video here on the blog or on the YouTube channel here.
- The 2021 blocks are now available as a full file in my shop for purchase here.
- Get the 2022 Block of the Month Fabric Requirements here.
- Find all of the previous posts in the Quilt Block of the Month series here.
- And find answers to Block of the Month Frequently Asked Questions here.
- Finally, I’ve recently received a few questions about the finished size of this year’s quilt. I haven’t finalized my setting, but since the blocks are the same as last year’s, the finished sizes will be similar: 27″ x 34″ for the small quilt with 6″ blocks and 52″ x 67″ for the larger quilt with 12″ blocks. Of course, you can always make additional blocks and/or add additional borders to increase your quilt size.
June Block of the Month: Tips & Tricks
Find the pattern link and tips below:
- First, go here, or click the button below to download this month’s free PDF pattern for the block in 12″ and 6″ finished sizes.
- Use the Mini Simple Folded Corners Ruler to make the center square in a square unit.
- I used the Creative Grids Ultimate Flying Geese Ruler to make the flying geese sections for this month’s blocks (also find it here). This ruler is my new favorite for flying geese. I recently shared a video tutorial on it here.
- Find a similar ½″ ruler to the one I used in the video here.
- Be sure to watch today’s video to see the back side of my blocks for pressing details.
June Block of the Month Video
Watch this month’s block video for extra details, photos, and information. Or go here to watch it on our YouTube channel.
Free June Calendar PDF + July Block Release Date
I also have a June Calendar printable PDF for you today that you can download here. I use mine in my sewing room to keep extra notes. Get it here or click the button below for your free calendar printable. And I’ll share the July pattern on Thursday, July 7th.