Hello, friends, and happy Thursday! It’s the first Thursday of the month so I’m sharing the Quilt Block of the Month February 2022 blocks. Find answers to questions about the Block of the Month that you might have on this post and get links to the new block video and pattern PDF. Thanks so much for sewing along this year!
Quilt Block of the Month February 2022
2022 Quilt Along Details
- This year’s quilt is a sampler with 12 different unique pieced blocks. There is no applique’ or paper piecing required. Once again, I will be sharing block patterns in two sizes: 12″ finished and 6″ finished.
- Patterns release monthly on the first Thursday of the month here on the blog.
- Each month, a step-by-step video tutorial features helps to make to make that month’s block. Watch the video here on the blog or on the YouTube channel here.
- The 2021 blocks are now available as a full file in my shop for purchase here.
- Get the 2022 Block of the Month Fabric Requirements here.
- And find all of the previous posts in the Quilt Block of the Month series here.
- Finally, I’ve recently received a few questions about the finished size of this year’s quilt. I haven’t finalized my setting, but since the blocks are the same as last year’s, the finished sizes will be similar: 27″ x 34″ for the small quilt with 6″ blocks and 52″ x 67″ for the larger quilt with 12″ blocks. Of course, you can always make additional blocks and/or add additional borders to increase your quilt size.
February 2022 Quilt Block Details
- My 12″ finished blocks are pieced with fabrics from Seashore Drive. I’m using this Bella solid for background along with the tone on tone from the collection.
- And my 6″ finished blocks are pieced with a variety of fabrics from Minick & Simpson, including a good mix from this recent collection. I’m using a tone on tone background from my Walkabout collection along with this Bella solid.
- Be sure to watch today’s video before cutting and sewing your block. I have a couple of tips that are a bit different from the pattern directions. You’ll be able to save time and increase the accuracy of the block following those tips. Pattern Correction: There is a typo on the cutting instructions for the B & C squares. Those will need to be cut diagonally twice just like the A squares if you’re making the blocks according to the pattern and not according to my video directions.
- Go here to download the February 2022 Block pattern PDF or click the button below.
February Quilt Block Video
Watch this month’s block video above or go here to watch it on our YouTube channel.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have questions that aren’t answered in this post, you can head to the Quilting Life Block of the Month FAQ page for more details.
Next Month’s Block
Finally, the March 2022 block pattern and video will be shared on Thursday, March 3rd. Happy sewing this month, and thanks so much for stopping by!