Hello, friends! Today I’m happy to share the Quilt Block of the Month August 2022 pattern and blocks. I do love flying geese and so this month’s block was a top choice for this year’s sampler. I love the flying geese even more when set inside the churn dash block! Keep reading for the pattern download link and all of the tips and tricks for this month’s pattern.
Quilt Block of the Month August 2022
2022 Block of the Month Details
- This year’s quilt is a sampler with 12 different unique pieced blocks. There is no applique’ or paper piecing required. Once again, I will be sharing block patterns in two sizes: 12″ finished and 6″ finished.
- Patterns release monthly on the first Thursday of the month here on the blog.
- Each month, a step-by-step video tutorial features helps to make to make that month’s block. Watch the video here on the blog or on the YouTube channel here.
- The 2021 blocks are now available as a full file in my shop for purchase here.
- Get the 2022 Block of the Month Fabric Requirements here.
- Find all of the previous posts in the Quilt Block of the Month series here.
- And find answers to Block of the Month Frequently Asked Questions here.
- Finally, I’ve recently received a few questions about the finished size of this year’s quilt. I haven’t finalized my setting, but since the blocks are the same as last year’s, the finished sizes will be similar: 27″ x 34″ for the small quilt with 6″ blocks and 52″ x 67″ for the larger quilt with 12″ blocks. Of course, you can always make additional blocks and/or add additional borders to increase your quilt size.
August 2022 Block of the Month: Tips & Tricks
I do love flying geese and have some favorite ways to make them. Here are my top tips:
- First, go here or click the button below to download this month’s pattern.
- Bloc Loc Flying Geese Rulers make these blocks super easy to make.
- The Creative Grids Ultimate Flying Geese Ruler is also a wonderful tool for making accurate flying geese. (See my post and video for how to use this ruler here). (Also, both sizes needed for the 6″ and 12″ finished blocks are included on this tool).
- Have fun with color–I used four different fabrics for the flying geese, but you could also use a different print for each unit to achieve a scrappier finish!
August Block of the Month Video
For more details and information about this month’s block, watch the video above, or go here to watch it on our YouTube channel.
Next Month’s Block
I’ve now shared two-thirds of the blocks for this year’s quilt–seems like the year is going by so fast 🙂
Be sure to stop by on Thursday, September 1st for the next block pattern.