Hello, friends, and happy Wednesday! Today I’m happy to share Moda Blockheads 4 Block 23 along with Bonus Block 8, Sweet Treats. I have tips and tricks for both blocks along with the links to the PDF patterns. And I’m super excited to have finished up all of my blocks for this quilt. I’m taking my quilt to be quilted this week and can’t wait to see how it finishes up!
Moda Blockheads 4 Block 23
Block 23 Pattern Links + Tips
Block 23, Gentleman’s Fancy, is shared with us this week by Brenda Riddle. This week’s block is what I would call an intermediate block. Cut carefully and be sure you are sewing with a ¼″ seam allowance. After sewing, follow the pattern instructions to carefully trim your block to the correct size: 9 ½″ x 9 ½″ for the large block and 5″ x 5″ for the smaller block. Get the pattern here or click on the button below.
Bonus Block 8: Sweet Treats Pattern Link + Tips
I absolutely love the Bonus Block 8, Sweet Treats. I even think the name is super fun! Of course, I made it in both versions and love how they both turned out. Be sure to size up the half-square triangles ⅛″ in order to have extra room for trimming. Download the PDF for this bonus block here or click on the button below.
Moda Blockheads 4 Sew Along Information
- Read the Moda Blockheads 4 Introductory post here.
- Get the Moda Blockheads 4 Basic Methods Resources Sheet PDF here.
- Find all of the previous Moda Blockheads 4 block information in the Blockheads 4 Archive here.
- Join the Moda Blockheads Facebook group. In the group you can share your blocks and get inspired by the other Blockheads participants.
- And find all of my previous Moda Blockheads 4 posts here.
I recently finished up all of my blocks for this sew along and have finally decided on a setting–yay! I’ll have that available for you next week!