Hello and happy Wednesday! Today is Block Heads day, and I’m sharing Moda Block Heads 3 Block 9 by my friend Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique! I have some other fun things to share today as well (including a new pattern in the shop and a new YouTube video), so be sure to read to the end of the post .
Moda Block Heads 3 Block 9
This week’s block is called Taos and was designed by Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique. It’s a fun mix of squares and half-square triangles. Vanessa’s block center is made up of 16 small squares, but I made two four-patches and used two solid squares instead.
Block 9 Fabrics
This week I again used just two prints and the tone on tone background from our Summer Sweet collection. Find the exact prints below:
Block 9 Tips & Tricks
- This week’s block is simple and fun, but since there are several half-square triangles, it gives me a chance to point out how helpful Half Square Triangle Paper is for this block. In fact, I made a short video where I talk about this. You can watch below or click here to watch on YouTube (my first video in my new sewing room!).
- Use two colors and a background, or make lots of different scrappy half-square triangles.
See my new Half Square Triangle Paper Video above…or go here to watch it on YouTube
Block 9 Links
- Go here or click the button below to get this week’s block pattern PDF from Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique
- Visit the Moda Block Heads 3 Facebook Group here.
- And find all of my previous Block Heads 3 posts here.
Moda Block Heads 3 Designers
Be sure to visit all of the other Moda Block Heads 3 Designers this week to see what they’re up to!
- Corey Yoder of Coriander Quilts
- Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life (you’re here!)
- Betsy Chutchian
- Jan Patek of Jan Patek Quilts
- Brigitte Heitland of Zen Chic
- Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings
- Lissa Alexander
- Laurie Simpson of Minick & Simpson
- Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique
- Stacey Iest Hsu
- Robin Pickens
- Janet Clare
- Jen Kingwell
- Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree & Company
Something Fun this Week
On Monday I was able to share just a bit about our upcoming fabric collection, Balboa! If you missed the announcement be sure to read the post here and watch for more Balboa posts coming soon!
Happy quilting, and thanks so much for stopping by!