Hello, friends! Today I’m sharing Moda Block Heads 3 Block 54 which is the Windmills block by Janet Clare. This block does have some small pieces; however, I have a few ideas that will help make block construction go more smoothly.
Block Heads 3 Block 54
There are lots of half-square triangles included in this week’s block. I used triangle paper to make all of them (use this size for the 8″ block). The rest of the block pieces are simple rectangles which help the block to go together smoothly.
Block 54 Links
- Get this week’s PDF pattern here (or click the button below). Remember you may have to wait until 8 a.m. CST in order to download the pattern.
- Visit the Moda Block Heads 3 Resource Page here. This page has links to all of the blocks, fabric requirements, and setting options.
- Then, join in on the fun (and weekly giveaways from now through the end of the Sew Along) in the Moda Block Heads Facebook Group here.
- And find all of my previous Moda Block Heads 3 posts here.
Moda Block Heads 3 Designers
- Corey Yoder of Coriander Quilts
- Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life (you’re here!)
- Betsy Chutchian
- Jan Patek of Jan Patek Quilts
- Brigitte Heitland of Zen Chic
- Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings
- Lissa Alexander
- Laurie Simpson of Minick & Simpson
- Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique
- Stacey Iest Hsu
- Robin Pickens
- Janet Clare
- Jen Kingwell
- Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree & Company
This Week’s Giveaway
Be sure to stop by the Moda Block Heads Group Facebook page to enter the giveaway for a Layer Cake of Janet Clare’s fabric collection, The Blues.
Happy quilting, and thanks so much for stopping by!
What fabric did you use in this block? It’s so pretty.
sherri McConnell says
The fabrics are from our Balboa and Happy Days collections 🙂