Hello and happy Wednesday. Today I’m sharing Moda Block Heads 3 Block 5 by Brigitte Heitland of Zen Chic. Brigitte’s block is a really cute foundation paper-pieced block that is just perfect for this week since Valentines Day is Friday! I had a lot of fun piecing this Love block. I really want to make a 12″ version for a fun pillow!
Moda Block Heads 3 Block 5
If foundation paper-piecing isn’t something you enjoy, then you may fill in the spot for this week’s block with one of the many alternates that will be shared through the year. Alternate block options are shared on Fridays by the designers who choose to make them. And can you believe we have five blocks now? It was so much fun to take this group photo the other day!
Block 5 Tips & Tricks
- If you’d like to try foundation paper piecing (because this week’s block is so cute…or just because), visit my step-by-step tutorial here.
- Find the Add a Quarter ruler here. And find the Add an Eighth ruler here (both are terrific tools to have for foundation paper piecing. I demonstrate with the Add an Eighth ruler in my tutorial).
Block 5 Links
- Go here or click the button below to visit Brigitte’s blog and get this week’s pattern PDF. Remember to check back if the pattern hasn’t posted yet.
- Get a cute pieced bird block alternative to last week’s birdhouse block here. (This is a 12″ finished block).
- And get a house block alternative here
- See what’s happening on the Moda Block Heads Facebook Group here.
- And find all of my previous Moda Block Heads 3 posts here.
My Alternate Block 4
I decided to make Lisa Bongean’s alternate from last week for my Block 4. I did things just a little bit differently than Lisa did for my block. You can find my instructions for making the block in an 8″ finished size here.
Moda Block Heads 3 Designers
Be sure to visit all of the Moda designers today to see their versions and get their tips for this week’s block!
- Corey Yoder of Coriander Quilts
- Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life (you’re here!)
- Betsy Chutchian
- Jan Patek of Jan Patek Quilts
- Brigitte Heitland of Zen Chic
- Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings
- Lissa Alexander
- Laurie Simpson of Minick & Simpson
- Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique
- Stacey Iest Hsu
- Robin Pickens
- Janet Clare
- Jen Kingwell
- Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree & Company
Something Fun This Week
This week’s something fun is a 25% discount in my shop for orders of $15 or more. Simply enter the code LOVE2020 at check out! Coupon is good through Sunday, February 16th!
Happy quilting, and thanks so much for stopping by!
Susan Goldsberry says
I couldn’t fi d block 5 on Brigette’s site. Lots of other pretty thjngs though. Am I missing seeing the download???
I couldn’t find it either.
Mary Burnette says
If you do a 12” block for block 5 will you post directions also is there a way to do this block without foundation piecing as I don’t have a computer to print out the pattern I am working off an I pad? I love your blog and all your videos. Thank you for all the work and time you put into your patterns and for sharing. It is much appreciated
Love your block!
Cannot print Block 5, gives me 6 instead