Hello and happy Friday, and happy Valentines day! I hope your day is a good one. Today I’m sharing the Bloomtopia Quilt Along Release 2 which means that the next free PDF block pattern is available for download today.
Bloomtopia Quilt Along Release 2: Carolina Lily
I was super excited when I saw that there was a Carolina Lily block included in the Bloomtopia quilt. This block is one of my favorites because my grandmother loved her applique’d Carolina Lily quilt that her grandmother gave to her on her wedding day. This block is a nice large block and goes together quickly.
Carolina Lily Block Construction Tips
Be sure to watch the YouTube video today where I walk you through all of the steps to make this week’s block. You can find the video link on the Jolly Jabber blog here.
Some more thoughts to make block construction easy:
- If you want perfect Flying Geese units for this block, cut your rectangle and square pieces ¼″ larger on each side and use this Bloc Loc Ruler to trim down.
- You’ll want to carefully press the stem and background sections so they are straight. My video tutorial on pressing will give you tips and pointers on that.
- Finally, use the Mini Simple Folded Corners ruler to add the squares to the top of the stem section.
Links for the Bloomtopia Quilt Along
- Go here to download this week’s Free PDF Pattern for the Carolina Lily Block (Link will be available at 8:30 am CST).
- Get the Fabric Requirements for the Bloomtopia Quilt here.
- Bloomtopia Quilt Kits in Summer Sweet Fabrics are still available here.
- Look for the three cute finishing patterns Fat Quarter Shop has shared now, too. They have also shared a cute blue bird mini quilt. Look for links to these patterns near the bottom of the page with today’s pattern release.
- Don’t forget that the Bloomtopia Stitch Along is continuing today as well! Get details on that fun cross-stitch project here.
Thanks so much for stopping by for the Bloomtopia Quilt Along Release 2 details. Have a wonderful day, and happy quilting!
I am loving this quilt! Your piercing instructions are fantastic. Thank you and Happy Valentine’s Day!